Everybody gets "Failed to login: Bad login"

Ecliptica

Hi there,

I started having an issue with my server earlier today. Whenever someone tries to connect, they get the error "Failed to login: Bad login" and the console reports "<username> lost connection".

Every once in a while someone is able to connect but 99% of the time they have this problem.

I'm not sure about the other users I'm also having this problem with other servers. I've tried relogging, restarting the launcher, rebooting my computer, reinstalling everything etc... nothing seems to work.

Any thoughts as to how I can fix this? My server's been up for months and this is the first time I've seen this problem.

I've been getting the same problem. Some people blame Mojang, others Technic. I don't know which one it is but both are blaming the other.

I had this happen a few times awhile ago (much less though) and found a post saying that it can happen if you login with your minevraft account elsewhere. So I went to minecraft.net, mojangs site and here and logged in then out and it seem to help. I've been doing the same with some success, but it could also be dumb luck. Not sure if it's helpful, but many are feeling the pain. I'm hearing complaints across multiple forums.

I've been getting the same problem. Some people blame Mojang, others Technic. I don't know which one it is but both are blaming the other.

You can rest assured that it's not Technic. I've tested it with friends' 1.5.2 vanilla servers AND another friend's FTB server, and all three have the exact same issue. Scuttlebutt says that it has something to do with a change to login sessions for 1.7.x on mojang's end, but Mojang has not, AFAIK, officially acknowledged the problem.

You can rest assured that it's not Technic. I've tested it with friends' 1.5.2 vanilla servers AND another friend's FTB server, and all three have the exact same issue. Scuttlebutt says that it has something to do with a change to login sessions for 1.7.x on mojang's end, but Mojang has not, AFAIK, officially acknowledged the problem.

I think you're misquoting me. Minecraft's own support site basically blames anyone but themselves. Like I said, I don't know who it is.

Error: Bad login

Last Updated: Aug 23, 2013 12:38AM CEST

A bad login error is sometimes encountered when trying to connect to a multiplayer server. Because it happens after you've already logged into Minecraft, it is not related to your account login. This error can happen for a few reasons, but it's usually related to a problem in communication between your computer/network and the server that you are trying to connect to.

Possible solutions are:

• Check that your network connection is enabled, and that no programs are blocking outgoing connections.
  • Try disabling any existing firewall program, or changing its configuration options.
  • Restart your modem/router.

If issues continue, you may want to contact your network and/or server administrator.

https://help.mojang.com/customer/portal/articles/1218708

I think you're misquoting me. Minecraft's own support site basically blames anyone but themselves. Like I said, I don't know who it is.

It wasn't a misquote, it was right from your post. :) But I was providing additional information: Since it happens when I'm NOT using any Technic pack (i.e., with completely different launchers) it's safe to remove that from the list of possible causes.