[1.6.4] Aegis Gaia Life [50 Slots] [Greylist] [RPPvP] [Custom Map] [Tech Tree]

Player Information

All player information will be submitted here in neat and acceptable format.

What is your Minecraft account name?

LBButton

What is your age? (Be truthful, we do not discriminate based on age)

What is your Timezone?

Eastern Standard Zone

Have you read, and do you understand the rules governing this server?

Yes.

What previous experience have you had as a Roleplayer?

Skyrim and Elder Scrolls Online (Beta)

How did you hear about Gaia Life RPPVP?

Vidplace7 (friends in real life)

Is this your first attempt with our application? If not, please list other attempts.

Yes

Have you +1'd our modpack on the Technic Platform?

I will when the website is up

Have you read the lore surrounding Gaia Life, and hereby swear to abide by the lore?

Yes

Definitions

Please describe in your own words what each of these means in a Roleplaying sense to you. Please do not Google or search up these definitions. Use your own words.

Role-Playing:

To put yourself in a different life to enjoy yourself and have fun

Meta-Gaming:

Playing the popular games or following gaming by standard levels

God-Modding:

Modifying the game to form exactly what you want out of it

In-Character Information

Please make sure your character name is something you can live with in-game.

Character Name:

Patrick the Ninja

Character Age:

Characters Race:

Human

Characters Biography:

Patrick was born into a poor family and had no siblings. He lived in the slums of Midgar, with the only warmth being the heat of his own body being trapped in by rocks. When he became 13, he made his decision to become a ninja to make money for his family from the people he kills. He has spent most of his time under water stalking his targets to kill and waited for the perfect times to strike. Patrick has utilized what items hes gotten into weapons to gain more money. To this day, Patrick lives in the darkness and hasn't gotten caught.

Meta Questions

In this section, you will be asked a series of questions. Your responses are not directly responsible for the acceptance of your application, but if they are not answered, or answered seriously, your application can be denied.

You stumble upon a small group of soldiers, approximately three counted among this group. They are harassing a middle aged street thug about some missing bronze machine parts that have gone missing from a local machine shop. What do you do?

I hide behind a tree and wait for them to be done harassing the street thug. When they walk past, I'll kill them from behind, take what I can, and run. I'll kill the street thug if he's still alive too, unless he seems like he could help me.

As you are walking down the street, you notice some smugglers moving crates of what is clearly marked as "Ordnance" through an alleyway. The building they are moving said crates into is in-fact the only school in the sector, and if lost, would be irreplaceable. How do you approach the situation?

They will likely get caught since they are so easily seen, so I'll just keep walking. I don't want to get caught near this because I don't want to be locked up.

You have been kicked out of your home. As you walk down the street, people and soldiers snicker at you as you pass by. Your own family wont even talk to you or read your messages. Somewhere along the line, you have done something so horrible that society would rather let you live, so that you can serve as a constant reminder of the evil of men. What have you done?

If this happens, I would of been caught killing someone of importance and/or stealing something, but that won't happen because I put hard work into making sure my kills are silent and flawless.

Two plumbers walk into a bar and promptly start a fight. What do you do?

I would start looking around and pick pocketing what I can from the people who are distracted by the fight. This is the perfect opportunity!

Finally...

Have you posted a copy of this app onto the Technic Forums?

You can do this after you submit to make it easier to copy and paste!

I will after I submit

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Commander_dragon

What timezone do you use?

EST

What previous experience have you had as a roleplayer?

I have played Civcraft on us.shotbow.net for a few years and many tekkit/ FTB servers

When you think of roleplaying, what comes to mind?

I think of it as acting out a person you are not or even a fantasy trip

Buppo told me about this server I thought it might be cool so i applyed

Have you read the lore surrounding Gaia Life, and hereby swear to abide by the lore?

yes i have and i swear to abide by the lore

Have you the rules governing this server, and understand them?

yes i have read the rules and i understand them fully

To verify that you read the links in the intro, please give a brief summary of what they discuss, in your own words.

By agree not to god mod I am basically saying that i will not say ridiculous things that i obliviously could not do. And by no meta gaming it means i should not use outside information for benefit in game

In-Character Information

Character Name:

Dwight Shrute

Character Age:

Character Race:

Cyborg

Character Biography and Description:

After leaving his job at a mid range paper supply company in search of adventure and treasure Dwight found himself captured and sold into slavery after being a slave for twenty years he attempted to kill his owner resulting in his escape but he as he was running from the owners minions he tripped and fell cutting open his face. now he wanders the land in search of only one thing, a friend

Is this your first attempt with our application? If not, please list other attempts.

yes i was denied for a rushed application

Meta Questions

In this section, your character will be placed into a set of hypothetical situations. Please consider your answers carefully.

You stumble upon a small group of soldiers, approximately three counted among this group. They are harassing a middle aged street thug about some missing bronze machine parts that have gone missing from a local machine shop. What do you do?

As the soldiers start to hit the thug i come up behind them and attempt to kill them if i am able too i take the parts from the thug as a reward for saving him and run off

As you are walking down the street, you notice some smugglers moving crates of what is clearly marked as "Ordnance" through an alleyway. The building they are moving said crates into is in-fact the only school in the sector, and if lost, would be irreplaceable. How do you approach the situation?

I attempt to kill the smugglers so that I can blow up the school myself

You have been kicked out of your home. As you walk down the street, people and soldiers snicker at you as you pass by. Your own family wont even talk to you or read your messages. Somewhere along the line, you have done something so horrible that society would rather let you live, so that you can serve as a constant reminder of the evil of men. What have you done?

Well I blew up a school full of Innocent childeren

You're approached by a street thug, clearly much stronger than you are. He demands everything valuable that you're carrying. What do you do?

As he lunges towards me i take out the knife i have on me at all times and stab him in the back then say "well that was a disappointment

throw a stool at them then join in the fight

Finally...

yes

yes

dpp41

US EST

I've played two major RP games, Club Penguin and Runescape, plus i have some experience with some Brony RP servers such as Mine Little Crafty

making your own character to enact or play a part in a story.

the aegis home page and freinds that are more active such as Frank350 and Sch41, Brit, Weirdo, etc...

yes

yes

To verify that you read the links in the intro, please give a brief summary of what they discuss, in your own words.

In RPG metagaming is basically any action considered out of character made by a players character that the character inst supposed to know about. GodModders are people who use characters that are too perfect and are instantly perfect at what they do.

In-Character Information

Character Name:

Daktion

Character Age:

Character Race:

Human

Bio: Raised by a poor family on a far away planet, Daktion (known as Dak) was always the pushover, never taught to stand up for himself and usually tried to slip his way outta trouble. He came to Gaia looking for a better life and to raise money for his family back home.

Description: Average build; average weight; dark, messy hair; light, semi tanned skin; an all around average Joe when i comes to appearance, you get the idea.

yes, this is my first attempt

Meta Questions

In this section, your character will be placed into a set of hypothetical situations. Please consider your answers carefully.

I stay out of the way and do not get involved.

I tell a Soldier or Police officer immediately, but also try to stay out of harms way.

i got framed for stealing from a children's hospital and no one believes that i was framed.

(idk lol)

You're approached by a street thug, clearly much stronger than you are. He demands everything valuable that you're carrying. What do you do?

Say that i have nothing of any value on me and RUN as fast as i can in the opposite direction

I stay outta their way and quietly exit the bar

Finally...

I will be sure to when i go to download it.

I will be sure to after i submit.

Hope this copy paste turns out alright -_-

|

Please remember that the acceptance of your application is dependent on its quality, and that the process is not a formality. Applicants should be aware that this application functions as a test of their imagination and roleplaying ability, and should be prepared to have lazily-constructed applications denied.

Further, we will not accept characters that insert themselves into world lore or contradict world lore (except with permission from the lore team), nor will we accept characters that lack meaningful or reasonable justification for being where they are in the world; try to give your character some character and avoid tacking things on just because they sound cool or give them an advantage or high position.

For a better understanding of proper etiquette, please read this article and this article before continuing with your application. Good luck!

About You

Bayoshu

EST

DnD, Table Top Warhammer, Rouge Trader

Adventure, Character Immersion and Fun

Through a friend (phrack50) who is already a member and friend

Yes

Yes

I understand that this server has a very rich history story line involving the fracture and that it has a very intricate reincarnation with possible side-effects. Each race has a strong lean toward thier own way life is suppose to be. Faction war is strongly monitored. No blocks can be destroyed on buildings but entrances can be ways Villains can ransack your Faction base.

In-Character Information

Character Name:

Odin_Silliaks

Character Age:

Character Race:

Silvians

Odin_Silliaks was one of countless children born on a small island on the middle of the ocean. He was never really cared for much as a child, but with as many brothers and sisters as he had it was understood. When he turned 14 a pirate ship ran aground on his island. as they were repairing the damages he watched them and listened to their tales of adventure. He begged the pirate captain to take him. The captain laughed at first, but with enough heart he convinced the captain to let him join as a cabin boy. He sailed the seas with them for many years until one day they were running from a fleet of Helios ships and was lost in a gale storm. Odin_Silliaks washed up on a shore near Mideel and began his journey to find his home now realizing that what he wanted was not adventure, but the tranquility of his home and its beautiful golden shores. Unfortunately he has no idea where his island was only that it was far from him in this strange new world. He was found by a mage and began learing the magic trade in hopes to use his new found abilities to find his homeland.

yes

Meta Questions

I would kill the soldiers and demand half the bounty from the thug as payment for my services

I would kill the smugglers and steal the ordnance for my own uses.

I have entered a chemical agent into the GMS system resulting in thousands of DNA stands being corrupted beyond recovery.

Stab his leg and run.

Jump in.

Finally...

yes

I have not. I will once it is submited

Character Name:

Adam(_Steel)

Character Age:

Character Race:

Cyborg, with a human heart and emotions.

I was a byproduct of tests run by Shin-Ra scientists, they tortured me. Their attempt to create a weapon to end all wars failed, I was their weapon. They attempted to mechanize me, and they partly succeeded, but they failed to change my head and my heart. I seek not revenge, but change. I seek for a new life, a life without torture and dismay. I still breath and think as a human, yet I do not move as one. I am rejected in society because of what they did to me. I seek to further the worlds mechanical knowledge, and that others do not have to endure the pain that I do every day, and above all, to attempt to turn me back to my former self. I have tried the self teaching of magic, but with no success. I am now turning to the one thing that I have inside me, metal.

Technically second, first was accepted but later cancelled by Ixi due to it not being so good.

I keep my distance from the soldiers, as I know that all they will do is make fun of me even more. They notice me walking, and instantly I hear mutterings of "Hey, look at that low life", "What a loner". However, due to this, they become distracted and the man runs away into the sheath of darkness.

Immediately I run straight for them, if this were to be destroyed, so many children's lives would be ruined. I instantly push the man against the wall, pulling out my blade. I give them a choice, to live, and remove the creates, or to die a painful death. The men choose to back away and remove the creates from the building.

I attempted to fight back against Shin-Ra, of which my parents are both workers at Midgar, tending the reactors. As I live in a Shin-Ra controlled area, nobody will let me be.

I turn up my pockets, as I'm too afraid and distraught to confront him.

I would attempt to defuse the situation with talks, if they fail, I will throw them both out, to never return again. That bar is the only place where I can be free, without others judging me, as they're all too drunk to notice me.

@NewSoul: Factions have the option of rejecting invitations to war. You cannot just go to war with every faction and they will not have the ability to decline. The faction you are attempting to go to war with, must first accept the invitation to war, and then before both factions can even legally attack each other, there is a grace period that both sides must wait. Most factions would take this time to prepare themselves for war.

AdamVG approved.

Gaia Life: Entry Application

Please remember that the acceptance of your application is dependent on its quality, and that the process is not a formality. Applicants should be aware that this application functions as a test of their imagination and roleplaying ability, and should be prepared to have lazily-constructed applications denied.

Further, we will not accept characters that insert themselves into world lore or contradict world lore (except with permission from the lore team), nor will we accept characters that lack meaningful or reasonable justification for being where they are in the world; try to give your character some character and avoid tacking things on just because they sound cool or give them an advantage or high position.

For a better understanding of proper etiquette, please read this article and this article before continuing with your application. Good luck!

About You

Trapedinside

GMT - 7 or pacific time

RP on WoW and various minecraft servers.

Acting as another character whether the character is fictional or real.

Manaravak

Have you read the basic Gaia Life lore, and hereby swear to abide by it?

I do.

Yes.

God-modding is forcing someone else to roleplay the way you want.

Meta-gaming is using outside information to gain an advantage in the game.

In-Character Information

Character Name:

Betjanolftovic Hoffmann XVI

Character Age:

Character Race:

Human

Betjanolftovic is the first cousin to William and Joshua Hoffmann. As he grew up he learned the joys of magic and would spend hours researching and honing his skill in the arts. He decided in his late teens that he would join his two younger cousins' quest to create the most prosperous town in Gaia. He may not be the best merchant or the most adept with technology but his skills in combat magic will be more than the Hoffmann's will need. The next step in his journey is to settle down and begin his own research on the next breakthrough in magical theory.

Yes

Meta Questions

I would have to stay out of the situation. Getting involved in a situation that could hurt my own reputation or even escalate into a physical altercation is not worth it when the crime is being taken care of.

I would report the findings to authorities immediately. If they do not respond in time I will have to involve myself in some way to figure out why they have the boxes. If they are indeed intending to harm innocent civilians I will be forced to fight for the children in the school.

I must have created a disaster from my experimentations. Maybe I summoned a fierce demon or created a monster. Innocents may have been harmed or even killed and I was therefore shunned from society.

I use my defensive magic to greatly increase my attributes and try to keep him at a distant with long range lightning and ice spells. If he approaches within melee range I will be forced to use close quarters magic combat.

I laugh as they must be blind for not seeing the bar. Then feel bad as I realize my sarcastic assumption was correct.

Finally...

yes

yes

_Rodrix_

GMT+

Diablo 2 & 3, WOW, Final Fantasy XI, Guild Wars 1 & 2

Leveling up your character and always getting more power

From Volgarenthor on Planetminecraft

Yes

Of course

To verify that you read the links in this application's intro, please give a brief summary of what they discuss.

They are a few usefull links, some obvious ones are "Map" "Mod list" or "staff" but the most important of all are the rules. Divided in a few sections like PVP, Warfare or Lands, they teach us and guide us on how to play in the server, and being carefull about the other players gaming experience.

In-Character Information

Character Name:

Leman Rush

Character Age:

Character Race:

Weaver

I'm a misterious man. I have amnesia so I don't remember anything about my past, only just a few flashes of memories of my hands covered by blood and soldiers trying to catch me.

I'm a wanderer, traveling from town to town trying to resolve the puzzle of my past and my destiny in this world.

Yes

Meta Questions

Not my problem, I hide my face and continued walking to avoid drawing attention to the soldiers. In this life it is better to go unnoticed.

It is important to keep the school, I sneak in the dark, quietly and one by one I'm kill them without them realizing it. When I'm done I'm leaving no trace of what I've done.

When I was a child, the government experimented with my powers, but my powers were more powerful than them and managed to escape the laboratory killing them all. My family found out what happened, the government silenced them and now they are afraid of me.

I use my powers to bring him down and go my way.

I finish my drink and I leave the bar, avoiding the fight

Finally...

Yes

Yes!

Volgarenthor since 1.01 me and am have had a weird form of lag where are screen is slow moving and we can barely do anything including at the loading screen . Do u have any idea of how to fix this issue so me and wm0125 may continue playing on server.

spiraxo

>implying I would reveal this on the forums

GMT

Used to RP on TN, have played a few Shadowrun and DnD 3.5 campaigns. I have played a handful of CRPGs, like DX:HR and Dragon Age Origins, if they count for anything.

Playing a role in a game of some form, be it LARP, PnP or game roleplay server

Used to play on TN, left for a while, came back and discovered Gaia Life

Yes I have read the lore and swear to not break the lore or do anything meta with the knowledge it provides

Yes I believe I have a solid understanding of the rules

To verify that you read the links in this application's intro, please give a brief summary of what they discuss.

The first provides an explanation of God-modding, which to my understanding is making an RP character who is incredibly overpowered compared to other rpers and can get out of any situation easily and without a scratch. The article also provides information on how to deal with a God-Modder

The second is a wikipedia article on meta-gaming, which as far as I can see is using information your character could not possibly have to your character's benefit, like finding a hidden box and typing in the code your character couldn't know in a Shadowrun game because you read the adventure module

In-Character Information

Character Name:

Dr John Smith

Character Age:

Character Race:

Cyborg/Mutant

Dr John Smith was originally Dr Owen Williams. Up until his death when he was 22, he was perfectly normal, an aspiring engineer living in Midgar. While walking down a road in Midgar, he slipped up, fell down a flight of stairs and broke his neck, killing almost instantly. An unfortunate occurrence in Gaia, but not a terminal one. But when he came to and opened his eyes, he realized something had gone terribly, terribly wrong. Through a glitch in the GMSS, one hand was horribly deformed, a tangled mess of flesh and bone, writhing constantly. He, understandably, flipped out. Williams grabbed for the nearest sharp object and slammed it into his wrist over and over again, until the monstrosity that was once his right hand fell to the floor and stopped twitching. Sobbing all the way, he staggered over to his latest creation, which was, as luck would have it, a right hand. The new metal hand was quickly attached to his arm, but Williams took hours to calm down.

When he woke the next morning, he realized that he was still in his home. Somehow he had not been discovered. He was safe. He could pass his new hand off as a sudden desire to become more than human. Over the next few months he explained his cover story and got all of his associates to accept his new hand as something he added for whimsy. Williams finally thought he was safe. Then it happened again. Another accident, another mutation. Now his left leg was cloven footed and digitigrade. This time he went berserk, terrified he would be found this time. After 4 hours of pain his leg was incinerated and he had a new, metal leg. This time his friends and family were more suspicious, but Williams managed to pass that one off as a desire to be better than human again.

But he kept having accidents, more and more of them, and each time he had an accident he had a mutation, and so another augmentation. The people he was close to became more and more suspicious, until his closest friend finally came up to him and asked if he was mutating. Williams panicked, and in the chaos he killed his friend. Of course, in Gaia that wouldn't last long. So he decided to end it all, still not thinking rationally, and set his house on fire and sat inside as it burnt to the ground.

When he awoke, his face was a swarming maw filled with tentacles, eyes and teeth. He ran to his workshop, grabbed a faceplate from his workbench, intended for a rich merchant intent on becoming entirely metal, worked it into a blank mask and riveted it to his skull. Dr Owen Williams became Dr John Smith, the friendly cyborg down the road no one really knew. But even that became dangerous and eventually John upped sticks entirely and left Midgar, striking out into the wilderness in an attempt to live alone and without constant danger of discovery. Of course, he cannot do everything himself and has to enter various towns every now and then for essential supplies

Smith still lives in fear, as every time he dies, he mutates a little more and is one step closer further from being a human, to becoming a re-cog. As such he has become incredibly paranoid, allowing no one in his home, telling few where it is located and avoids getting close to anyone, in case they betray or attack him. This reclusive behavior only adds to his strangeness, along with the scars covering his body where he cut off extra limbs or the mis-matched augs to replace missing parts or cover up mutation.

Yes, this is my first attempt.

Meta Questions

I keep on walking by, why should I care if some thug stole some machine parts? Doesn't affect me, and anyway, I need food, not machines.

I stare at the smugglers. If anything went wrong, the school would be destroyed and maybe the children die. But if I go to the authorities, they might be suspicious of me! They could take me in for my protection in the court case, and then what if they made me take off the mask? I would be discovered! I would be locked up, or even worse, killed! And if I die I could become one of them. A re-cog. I guess- I guess someone else will find it first, or the smugglers will take it. They can't be that stupid, it's valuable merchandise! yeah, yeah it will be fine, I don't have to do anything, I'll just go buy some food and go home, it will be fine...

I walk down the dusty street, head down ashamedly. I know what I did was wrong, but the kid had seen beneath my mask! He might tell someone! Sure he was only nine, but-but he would have ruined me! For no damn reason! I tried to tell him not to tell anyone, but he ran for the main street screaming! So I had to do something, and that spade was just lying there! I didn't think he would die, just fall asleep and forget everything! And I had to get rid of the body, what was I meant to do, leave it? So what if I rendered his body down into scrap meat and composted him? He would have ruined me! I stop suddenly, realising what I am doing. I am justifying the murder of an innocent child. I need to go home. And find another town to buy food from.

I quickly hand over everything valuable on me, the best stuff is at home and if I die, I will lose it all and even worse, might mutate again. I might mutate into something worse. No, it is easier to hand over everything now.

I keep my head down, nothing to do with me, and what could I do? Why should I care? It's only risk, risk of discovery, risk of death and then another mutation.

Sorry if I wrote too much.

@NewSoul: We have several forums with information on how to fix this issue at our website. Please re-direct your question there. If you do not find one, make one under the bugs forum, and one of our senior admins will take care of the problem for you. However, if I were to guess, it sounds like you are either using the ultimate pack, and your PC cannot handle it, or you need to find some diver updates. Possibly even java aswell.

CmVolg I apologize for soundin ignorant but what do u mean ultimate pack. I have done as suggested and posted forum post on this weird lag but was unable to find a bug forum section for Gaia. Thank you for the info and suggestion. A question wouldd it be best to delete the pack from my roaming folder and just redownload?

@NewSoul: I would try that aswell. You should also dedicate at least 2gigs of ram to the technic launcher, and make sure Perm Gen Size is on by default. The rest of it is up to your video and cpu capabilities, possibly even ram. I would suggest making a help me thread on the website forums, they tend to draw a lot of attention, and help usually arrives fairly swiftly.

Calvohn

??

EST

I have played D&D and a ton of other tabletop RP Games since highschool, LARPing, Every Final Fantasy and a ton of other RPing games.

Sitting around a table rolling dice. Being someone I created and following true to their character.

A friend. Bayoshu

Yes. I understand there are different races and factions and they all work differently. Mutants, Cyborgs, Humans, and Silvians make up most of the races, as well as Helios, Cestus, and Adversum Statum make up the factions.

Yes

Meta-gaming is knowing something out of character and using it for a purpose in character. God-Modding is when you claim "Magic Armour" and make yourself perfect or impervious through RP claims.

In-Character Information

Character Name:

Veyin Lyrandar

Character Age:

??

Character Race:

Human/Cyborg

Veyin was born to a wealthy family in Midgar. Growing up always wanting to follow in his father's footsteps and become an engineer. Obsessed with new technology, Veyin would spend days in his study taking things apart to see how they worked or what they were designed for. He would often come up with ways to change their purpose to better suit his own needs. Or in a few cases, the needs of those less fortunate. Like re-purposing items he had from childhood to make artificial limbs for the disabled. Originally to impress women he became quite skilled. After a few years he began to really enjoy helping those less fortunate.

The life of luxury was never something that appealed to him. Growing up in wealth had taught him how ugly the world was, and how trivial the problems of the rich really were. There were so many real problems, and they could be solved easily if only the 'powerful' would just take the time to look and apply their wealth. He despised them. He wanted to leave. Helios had began to personify what was ugly in the world. He wanted to tinker, invent, and innovate in private. Away from all the hobnobs and their plethora of unending pointless blathering. So he decided to leave after his graduation. To find a place for himself. Someplace quiet and removed from the rich and 'powerful'.

At the age of 26, after a few months past his graduation he packed his bags and made all necessary traveling arrangements to leave this life behind. He explained it to his parents, but knew they would never understand. So he left a note apologizing for what he did, but that it had to be done and he couldn't live around all the suffering while everyone ignored it. With the help of a classmate he staged his own death. Unfortunately, the classmate, Ilyena, hadn't calculated the explosions correctly, and badly wounded Veyin. His parents would later find the note he left, thinking he had committed suicide, even though Veyin never meant it for that purpose. It was only meant to apologize for leaving the city.

Ilyena knew where he was headed and smuggled Veyin out immediately after the accident.

After arriving in Cestus, Ilyena took Veyin to the workshop he had set up for his arrival. Being a medical student Ilyena was able to bring Veyin back to health, but without supplies she could only do so much. She was responsible for what happened to Veyin, so she stayed and brought him back to health. Veyin was disfigured. His arms were amputated and his right leg from the thigh down was removed. He was broken. But he had the ability to fix it. He instructed Ilyena on what provisions he needed. She retrieved them and began constructing his new arms according to his design. When they were finished they weren't the best, but they were good enough for Veyin to start working on more advanced appendages on his own.

Ilyena became his way of collecting information and supplies while he adjusted to his new limbs. She had developed a network of trusted people and Veyin needed ways of obtaining abnormal supplies. Ilyena missed her family and friends and Veyin saw this. So he instructed for her to introduce him to those she trusted and for her to return home. She did, and he knew she would never tell what had happened. Even if she did, nobody would ever recognize him. His arms and leg may look like normal appendages now, but the parts that were flesh were scarred too badly to recognize even himself in a mirror.

Yes

Meta Questions

Not my place to interfere. I'd probably ask what happened just to see if I could help though. Might have been a misunderstanding.

I would contact some sort of authority and inform them of the situation.

Honestly, I have no idea what would merit that. Slaughtering millions? Being a military leader and leading thousands to there deaths?

Give them to him. Nothing worth losing my life over. All just things, I would make sure he knows that. Just things.

I'd walk out. Or try to get out as safely and quickly as possible.

Finally...

Sure did.

I will after I submit it.

About You

Sagentine

EST

My first wedding anniversary was spent playing D&D with friends, and my second was playing Warhammer. I also played on the unofficial FFXIV:ARR RP server (Balmung) where I would occasionally meet up with other players and participate in RP with them.

Completely molding and becoming a new character. Experiencing things how I think they would. Completely pulling myself away from reality to adventure into a fantasy that would be impossible to do in reality.

Bayoshu is my husband, and he plays. He heard about it from phrack50 (Reno.)

Yes, although I wasn't really sure if Undead were reserved for villains or not. I hope not, because that is the race I have chosen. I can create a new bio for a Cyborg who is adventuring in Cestus.

Yes.

It is very important to not god-mod your character, as it takes the fun out of RPing for yourself and most importantly others. Metagaming is also unacceptable, as in RP you should become limited to your character's knowledge, not YOUR knowledge. These are both prime examples of RPing at this most immature level, and are often demonstrated by children who are playing pretend super heroes on their playground.

In-Character Information

Character Name:

Vanessa Radell

Character Age:

Character Race:

Undead

Formally known as Sagentine Viciat, Vanessa Radell is trying to distance herself from who she was before becoming Undead (as she will never be that person again,) and forget about the terrible acts she performed in the war under the rule of Silvians while being their Undead slave. Resulting from this, she suffers from personality disorders and PTSD. She often has flashes of her worst memories, which will result in her randomly shouting out in horror or even succumbing to fits of rage. Despite the war, however, Vanessa does have one close friend (Odin) who just happens to be Silvian. He is responsible for helping her escape, and even aided her on getting back on her feet. As far as other Silvians go, to Vanessa they are all scum in her mind.

Yes

Meta Questions

I continue on as though I did not see anything. It is not my business, and it is hard to tell what I would do while confronting the soldiers if they began shouting or threatening me. That is not a necessary risk that I am willing to take on as I will easily be taken down while I am not in control of myself.

I alert the authorities immediately, hoping they will listen to me. If the authorities do not listen to me (likely, since I am Undead,) it then becomes necessary for me to take matters into my own hand. While the smugglers are distracted or even while they have their hands occupied with the crates I make my move, attacking one of them making a big scene. Hopefully this will alert the authorities, and they will step in to see what they are carrying. Gambling that I have not lost control during the altercation, I run away once authorities are involved... assuming that is possible.

Other than being Undead, assuming that isn't a good enough answer, I performed a cowardly act that resulted in me abandoning people who would have otherwise lived if I did not run away to save myself. One of the many memories that haunt me.

I try to take him down anyways. Things are hard to come by anyways, and I have learned that if I am not willing to fight for the things I need then I will always be taken advantage of. If I overtake him, MAYBE I let him live to tell his friends that I am not an easy foe.

Use this to my advantage and exit the bar without paying. It wouldn't be worth getting involved anyways.

Aemeath2501

GMT-5:00

I currently roleplay as Selphie Tilmitt in the Final Fantasy Generations and Final Fantasy Craft minecraft servers, and my dad has taught me a lot about Dungeons and Dragons that he used to play as a teenager.

Roleplaying conjures the image of creating a new home and name for myself -- I can leave behind temporarily whatever troubles me in my daily life and adopt the best qualities of my own personality. I believe that people tend to rp as players they relate to, and amplify the qualities they see in common between themselves and the persona. Studies have shown that when people read books, they tend to act more like the characters who personify character traits they relate to, empowering people to be the best they can be, even after they've set the book down, or ended their immersion in an rp environment. So for me roleplay isn't just about being this overpowered Mary Sue-type character who is the best human being possible; it's about developing my own strengths and weaknesses as a person through finding the best emotional fit with my character.

I heard about this server through various members of the server I call home, Final Fantasy Generations, who've successfully applied. Phrack50, or Reno Sinclair, OwnerofAllGames, or Hubb Lebowski, Bayoshu, and Sagentine all give glowing recommendations of the server.

I have read the lore of the server extensively; I am aware of the conflict between Helios Inc. and Adversum Statum, I've perused the seven races, understand that only certain ones are available to regular members, and I've browsed through the various city descriptions, excited to see them all.

I have read the rules surrounding chest locking - placing a block over the chest on your own property - warfare and declarations of war, consentual pvp, requesting permission to enter someone's property, rules surrounding breaches of property; land scarring, and exterior work. I understand and am happy that insults and any of the "-isms" are not tolerated on this server.

The first link discusses god-modding, which is generally looked down upon in roleplay servers or environments. It consists of a few things: Making your character too powerful for the rules of the universe so that they're capable of incredible feats without any prior knowledge of the skill, or so that they rarely struggle with any task is god-modding. It can also include putting words in other characters' mouths or making them perform actions to further the god-modder's gameplay. These actions are disruptive to the flow of the narration other characters are trying to create collaboratively, and can make a character "boring and predictable".

Meta-gaming is similar to god-modding, in that it involves a character who has advanced knowledge of something in their environment that is not warranted by their character. This out-of-character knowledge can be obtained through a person-to-person conversation outside the roleplay that the character shouldn't know about, but the roleplayer makes their character aware of.

In-Character Information

Character Name:

Silène Messiaen (the accent can be typed with ALT+138, or the ? key on a French keyboard if the name must be set up by a mod; otherwise I'm happy to forgo it)

Character Age:

Character Race:

Human

Silène is a young human woman with sandy blonde hair, half-shaved with a long braid hanging down the right side of her body. She is modestly tall with few curves that she hides beneath baggy clothing to keep the seedier denizens of Midgar from noticing. She comes from a middle-class family, her mother working in distribution of newspaper flyers and coupons, and her father a moderately successful composer who makes his living sporadically when his music catches the eye of a patron. Just as her father before her, Silène has a strong passion for music and an appreciation for the arts; she is an adept saxophonist, and is studying to reach even greater heights. However, she struggles with crippling doubts about her playing ability and occasionally breaks down during her private lessons in front of her tutor. She is quite clever, however, and is seen frequently perusing books on the repair of musical instruments, on which she loves to tinker! She aspires to be a music teacher, and perhaps some day a scholar, to pass on her burning enthusiasm to the youth of Midgar.

No, I have applied before, unaware that Weavers were not a races available to members, I wrote my bio and meta responses as a Weaver, until a friend made me aware of this fact last minute. I made really quick changes that were poorly thought out and was rejected, so now I'm taking much more time to make my application thorough.

Meta Questions

Silène becomes quite nervous, having never encountered soldiers before, and cowers back from the shouting match between the two parties. She wonders to herself how she would feel if any of her repair pieces for her instrument went missing, and feels a pang of worry. Slightly paranoid as she is, she speeds up her walk home from her saxophone tutor's residence to count her parts collection.

Silène feels immediate panic, noticing the smugglers are skulking around her home high school before she graduated and commenced her private study of music. It's after hours, so there's no way she could phone the school's office and advise them to call the police, so she takes it upon herself to make the call. Dialing on her dated cell phone, her hands start shaking and her voice quavers as she reports the incident to the emergency operator. The woman on the other end of the line speaks with a calm, collected voice, and tells Silène to move away from the danger area, and assures her the authorities are on the way. Silène, still heady from the adrenaline rush in watching what just transpired, wobbles over the threshold of her front door and rushes to tell her parents what happened. Later that night, a news report details the events, saying that a large section of the gymnasium was burnt down due to the explosives, but the school as a whole was safe. Silène breathes a sigh of relief, but feels an inkling of guilt for her former gymnasium.

Silène has always dreamt of going to a big university in the city to pursue a degree in musical performance and follow in her father's footsteps. However, these dreams are shattered when her applications for a student loan are repeatedly denied and the banks refuse to lend to a young woman with no credit or income. Her parents have enough to worry about in taking a second mortgage out on the house, and can only pay a small portion of the exorbitant fees. Desperate to make money in any way that she can, Silène dons the tight velvet dress she wore for her high school graduation and pulls sweatpants and a baggy tee over top, heading to the seedier part of town to apply at the strip clubs. She's hired simply for her youth, no great looks about her, and a few days in she learns the horrifying truth that the club is merely a guise for an illegal brothel.

Working as an "exotic dancer", she pays her way through an exhausting first year, sleeping with mostly off-duty soldiers on leave and cheating husbands, but is forced to drop out when her manager forces her to begin working days. Her parents she through her flimsy excuse that she just wasn't cut out for the university lifestyle, seeing day after day of bags under her eyes and bruises. When Silène finally comes clean, her father kicks her out for being a "disgusting slut" and her mother flees into her room, crying, never imagining the truth could be this bad. The streets are the last place she wants to be, recognised for her form by half the men in the slums, but what else can she do, except head back out onto the streets and face those ghastly people back at the brothel. No one would kill a hooker, she thinks, not even worth the time. A speck of dirt, a foul dreg of society.

The only possession Silène is carrying on her is her saxophone, a Selmer Mk. 6, strapped to her back in a backpack-like case. She attempts to lie to the man, telling him it's just her school bag and that she has no money on her, being a poor student, but he sees through her guise. For lying, he punches her in the face, dropping Silène to the ground. She clutches the already swelling mark in shock and the thief rips the instrument from its straps, running off before she can react. Silène curls into a ball on the ground and begins to cry spasmodically, unable to comprehend what just happened.

Silène is a social drinker, and only ever has one or two shots at special occasions when out with friends at their favourite hang, The Fox and the Fiddle. Tonight was different when two burly men began raising their voices over some dispute about a "sexy woman on the tramway". The exchange quickly led to blows, and the sound of breaking glass was audible even over the din of the bar -- these types of exchanges were not unheard of at the FF. Silène suggests to her friends that they leave out the back door, signalling to the barkeep their intentions. Her friend slips him a 50 note to cover the night's drinks and a silent thank-you as the rest clamber down the exit onto the street.

Finally...

Yes, and I have made an account under the same name, Aemeath2501, on the site.

I will do so after submitting the application.

Announcements

• Anything claiming to be official Technic servers are not allowed here, for obvious reasons