Small error with custom mod pack: IllegalArgumentException while parsing next element

Pilzerino

Hey all,

I'm working on a "small" mod pack for some friends and I to play over a hamachi server. I got really far using Luke's guide (http://forums.technicpack.net/threads/luke%E2%80%99s-hopefully-comprehensive-modpack-making-guide.44197/) but I'm having a strange problem at what I hope is the very end. My pack's up on technicpack.net, and the technic launcher indeed identifies the link to the pack and begins unzipping it when I get the following error:

Error unzipping a file from the following pack: Pilzpack

IllegalArgumentException while parsing next element.

Please consult the modpack author.

Now, I'm not sure what's causing this, because it doesn't look like the registry conflict things other people were normally having, where items or blocks had matching IDs. For reference, the modpack contains all of the core tekkit stuff as of a couple hours ago, with the addition of a Touhou Items Pack mod. I made sure to grab the 1.5.2 version of the items pack mod since the tekkit uses 1.5.2 version of minecraft. In addition, the mod packs worked together when I simply dropped the additional items mod into the .technic/modpacks/tekkitmain/mods directory, I was able to start up the launcher, select the tekkit pack, and start a single-player game. I saw a couple of the custom mobs from the touhou items pack, and killed one to recieve some of the custom items, so that seems to have carried over just fine.

I'm not really sure where to go from here, so I figured I'd make a thread and see if anyone knew what was going on!

AHA. The error has been located. The mod pack's name was in Kanji and Hiragana (Japanese characters). I decided to change that to see, and sure enough renaming the modpack to "Touhou" allowed it to unzip. Now it's giving me more errors, but...

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Slot 960 is already occupied by...

which if I recall from Luke's guide, just means that some blocks have been assigned the same slot. Should be an easy fix.

Hey all,

I'm working on a "small" mod pack for some friends and I to play over a hamachi server. I got really far using Luke's guide (http://forums.technicpack.net/threads/luke’s-hopefully-comprehensive-modpack-making-guide.44197/) but I'm having a strange problem at what I hope is the very end. My pack's up on technicpack.net, and the technic launcher indeed identifies the link to the pack and begins unzipping it when I get the following error:

Error unzipping a file from the following pack: Pilzpack

Same problem here. The .zip modpack file is downloaded, but the launcher can't extract it. None of the settings in the modpack ever had a problem before, and now it's all acting up. It can't be the settings like your problem was...

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Hello,

I have got a really annoying error...

I just made my own Modpack started it with the Miencraft Launcher and it worked.

I wanted to play with my friends so I tried to share it on the techniclauncher.

After pasting in pictures etc. I started it and I saw this error:

Error unzipping a file for the following pack: Minecraft Lucky Adventure

Dropbox Link: https://www.dropbox....odpack.zip?dl=0

Modpack Link: http://www.technicpa...dventure.521796

This got really annoying...

I tried it with different Links etc but nothing worked.

Can you please help me?

Thank you!

P.S.: Sorry for my bad english...