Server Help (others cannot join)

betaboy4916

So I'm completely out of ideas as of what's wrong. i can connect to my server locally just fine, but no one else can reach my server. I've done everything in my power to make sure it's not the ports, I've spent days searching the internet to look for answers, but I've found nothing. someone please help, just ask for whatever extra information you need, I'll provide.

Hmm, okay. I just know that I managed to screw up port forwarding once when I tried forwarding 25565 -> 25565 instead of ANY -> 25565.

So you're running a Garry's Mod server on the same system? Or are you forwarding to a different internal IP?

have you tried checking to see if the port is showing as open using: http://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/

oh, and also try hosting a vanilla server to see if folks can connect to that. That would give insight on whether it's a Tekkit issue or just some more general Minecraft problem (or even a router problem).

Well, now that I've exhausted my first round of options, let's focus on your router. When you say 'special', what do you mean? Maybe understanding what you're using will help figure out the issue. Can you host anything else behind the router (besides Garry's Mod)? Maybe a VOIP server like Ventrilo or Mumble/Murmur?

And I know you said the port checker shows the port as closed but did you by chance also check the Garry's Mod port? And, our of curiosity, what is the Garry's Mod port (if you don't mind me asking)?

My router is a sagemCOM f@st 1740n, and by special, I mean that there technically is no port forwarding, it's just called virtual servers. The only things you set are external port start and end, protocol, and ip address. I've only tried to host gm and minecraft servers. Yes, I've tried the garry's mod ports (3478, 4379, and 27000), and they come up as closed on port checker websites, which has to be wrong, else my gm server would never have worked in the first place.

hehe, isn't that the way it always is?

Just to be clear, for some other poor guy in the same boat, running the server as admin was your issue? Not even sure I get that, but good to know... maybe it was more of a firewall issue.

You've been running Garry's Mod as admin, I take it?