Eight Particle Accelerators in one ring

Kotja

yes, I have two different setups, two particle accelerator just for antimatter which run 24/7 and four particle colliders just for strange matter. the strange matter does need to be monitored though. it on occasion still does blow if the particles leave out of sync and the strange matter gets tossed any old which way when produced

This is my setup, layout for one and then the room showing the other two pictured below. I did it this way cause they do not explode often but it does happen. You only need the particles to reach 50% acceleration any faster then that and they will damage things when they colide. This way monitoring three of them not only produces more but keeps me busy enough I do not get bored. the room is completely enclosed so I don't have to chase the strangematter far because it will spit out from any point and go in any direction. Chunkloading here isnt an issue because they are so small but I have a 1 chunkloader over my entire station keeping everything loaded at all times

2014-01-04_11.44.47.png

2014-01-04_11.45.17.png

Generate an age preferably not an underground or floating island type and use a highly upgraded power suit for speed and flight and run around keeping an eye on your mini map. You'll find pages in stone libraries that are fairly easy to spot on the map. You'll have to run A LOT to do this as they are maybe a little less common than oil geysers in the overworld.

I am too far into the game to do it by hand, my mffs goes though multiple stacks of nether quartz a day, I don't want to be spending all my time in the nether, I am only interested in automation now

I would love to figure out if there is a way I can have a nice flat mystcraft age where I can replace all dirt with nether quartz ore and just quarry the crap out of it. would be an unstable age as all hell but if I could plant 2 63x63 quarries I would be fine,

You can use quarries in the nether although with problems, all the lava. If you try to mine over a lava lake you won't be able to reach bedrock. You'll also hit pockets of lava now and then which will create some rather interesting formations as the quarry digs around the lava flows. The water trick doesn't work but if you where to nursemaid a quarry by filling in any lava pockets it will work. I managed it once from ~Y: 120 all the way down. Took about a week watching it to get everything in there.

yea I tried that a couple of times, not only is it a pain to place large quarries but it makes a mess of the nether. I prefer mystages cause you can quarry them up and toss the book and you are not making a mess around other peoples creations. Nothing uglier than a beautiful creation with a gaping hole to bedrock next to it (kinda like my last gf)