Making a Server the Easiest Way Ever

So I just made a server for me and my friends here. It works like a charm. If anyone wants to download it, all you gotta do is click on the .jar and wait it run! Then you stop it, and edit your proprieties! Fuck yea!

-snip-

If this is against rules... than I gotta say that this rule is dumb as hell and that you can just delete this post, moderators.

If this is against rules... than I gotta say that this rule is dumb as hell and that you can just delete this post, moderators.

That depends on what that is.

If it's just a .bat to launcher the server, it's fine. If it's a modified server, then it's a security risk on the teams part, and not allowed.

That depends on what that is.

If it's just a .bat to launcher the server, it's fine. If it's a modified server, then it's a security risk on the teams part, and not allowed.

Oh shit... it's a modified server... seriously what's wrong with it? It's EXACTLY what the oficial Post of H/M on Minecraft Forums says to do!

Anyway, so can you guys do what the post of H/M says and put it up on the website? So people only have to click on the jar to launch the server, instead of installing the mods first.

The post: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/502897-123-hack-slash-mine-ranger-nerf-patch-is-go/

Oh shit... it's a modified server... seriously what's wrong with it? It's EXACTLY what the oficial Post of H/M on Minecraft Forums says to do!

Anyway, so can you guys do what the post of H/M says and put it up on the website? So people only have to click on the jar to launch the server, instead of installing the mods first.

The post: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/502897-123-hack-slash-mine-ranger-nerf-patch-is-go/

oh, this is a hack/mine thign. you'll have to ask frizzizzizzlizz about it. It's not allowed for tekkit servers but i've got no clue what the deral is for hack/mine.

• Forum Administrators

You are distributing Minecraft files. According to Mojang's TOS the server files included in your media fire link are not to be distributed. Its silly biscuits for sure, but it is what it is. Just like Minecraft Forums, we don't allow Minecraft files to be distributed either. Sorry bros, but thems the breaks.

You are distributing Minecraft files. According to Mojang's TOS the server files included in your media fire link are not to be distributed. Its silly biscuits for sure, but it is what it is. Just like Minecraft Forums, we don't allow Minecraft files to be distributed either. Sorry bros, but thems the breaks.

okayguy.jpg

However...

Isn't this link on the Technic Pack Website page http://mirror.technicpack.net/files/Tekkit_Server_2.1.1.zip distributing a modified Minecraft Server, as I did? Or bukkit is an exception?

• Forum Administrators

However...

Isn't this link on the Technic Pack Website page http://mirror.technicpack.net/files/Tekkit_Server_2.1.1.zip distributing a modified Minecraft Server, as I did? Or bukkit is an exception?

Bukkit indeed gets an exception from Mojang itself. I know, its stupid and dumb but that's just the way it is.

Correct me if i am wrong

Bukkit is a server emulator and the code is a complet re-write

bukkit team write and re-write the code on each update,this is why all vanilla smp mod need to be convert to bukkit code to work

And of my memorie is good bukkit is open source you can find it on github