I can't download mod packs.

negativestar54

Question

Launcher Version: 3.0.0.378

Operating System: Windows 8

Java Version: 6.0

Antivirus Program:

Description of Problem:

I click on "Add New Pack" and I paste in the url. However, it says "Error parsing platform response." Can someone help me please?

Error Messages:

Error parsing platform response

Error Log:

Edit: It won't let me get to the Mojang screen. It shows me the error message and does nothing.

3 answers to this question

• Moderators

You have java 6, uninstall that and install the latest java 7 update 45

And your antivirus is the problem. This is from Common Problems sticky

Q. The launcher stops in the middle of downloading the mods.

A. If your AV is not on this list it could still potentially cause problems. Just like any software, we recommended you disable your AV while installing and running your launcher for the first time to avoid issues.

These Antivirus programs are known to cause issues when downloading the launcher.

• AVG
  • Norton
  • McAfee
  • Avira Because of user input, Avira has apparently fixed the false positive. Update your AV.

If you are using one of these you will have to disable them or set the Technic Launcher as an exception in order to install it. They block it by default since they don't recognize it (of course). If that doesn't work, uninstall those terrible anti-virus programs and get one that doesn't get in your way constantly. We recommend if you're paying for any of the above AV's to stop immediately, uninstall them, and get a better AV. Microsoft Security Essentials, or Avast! are two completely freeAV's that work far better then all of the above. MSE especially I can vouch for, having used it for years.

I'd recommend uninstalling McAfee and getting Avast.