How does technic launch the jar (bad title, read the message)

Mattzz

Question

Hello, does anyone know how technic launches minecraft? I'm referring to classes, what class does it use as main. does it authenticate then pass the user and sess ID to a class in the minecraft.jar file? I need the info because i want to launch it via cmd (better error logging). if you know please post, if you don't know or aren't sure don't even bother posting.

also it does need to login.

5 answers to this question

There is a laucher called minecraft64 that mods use to test minecraft and i has a cmd in the back so u can just download that

yeah, but then he won't be launching technic. if you don't know what you're talking about, refrain from giving advice.

OP: In order to run technic with CMD, you'll need to go into your .techniclauncher folder and find "modpack.jar" after having downloaded and played the pack in question. Modpack.jar can be applied to minecraft just like a regular mod would.

In order to run technic with CMD, you'll need to go into your .techniclauncher folder and find "modpack.jar" after having downloaded and played the pack in question. Modpack.jar can be applied to minecraft just like a regular mod would.

I can still make it run the mods in the jar without pasting into the mc jar, what I'm really asking (iPods auto-correct *le sigh*) is what class does it use as main and pass the user and logon session ID to (I know how login.minecraft.net works). I guess I could just launch eclipse and decompile the normal mc jar

no answers?

also I'm meaning for technic/tekkit or normal (%appdata%/.minecraft one) minecraft.

i want to run it by the CMD or batch and i want to know which class and how to pass the user and session id to (i know how to get the user ad sess from login.minecraft.net don't worry)

thanks in advance