Gibbycraft Tekkit Overhaul - A (potential) mod

My friends and I all have a bit of experience in java, and as a server admin, I am sick and tired of "this MC feature is broken, take it off", "If you don't install ____ plugin, there will be consequences", "hunger meter is stupid", "hitpoints are stupid", etc. So, we decided that we are going to do an overhaul to our server to permanently stop the whining. We have come up with a tentative list of features, highlights being dual-wielding, instant health-restoring items, adding new mobs, adding new weapons and items, GIVING TUNGSTEN A USE, weather stations, and more. Some Tekkit mods will be linked together - one potential item uses a Turtle from computercraft, Combustion Engines from buildcraft, AND Quantum armor from IC2 (I'll let you guys and girls guess what this awesomeness is going to be).

Anyways, enough for the preview. I don't know when Tekkit is going to update, and I did not post this long message to try and bull$#!t my way into another one of those annoying questions about when it updates. My question is "What MC/Bukkit version is Tekkit planning for its next release?" I have Netbeans, Eclipse, and some Bukkit APIs, and I've started on some concept art and intended crafting recipes. Would any Tekkit devs either post a reply here or PM me. I plan to have an interesting mod that gives Tekkit a more unified feel, but I can't start without any idea of what Bukkit API to build off...

NO, I am not asking for Tekkit to include this mod in their pack (if you want to, though, I would be more than happy to donate it). I am just doing this to stop people from whining about some features of the game, and to give it even more depth. This would require no work from Tekkit coders, and I do not intend to constantly whine on all the forums about features being broken. So how about it Tekkit? Interested in this mod?

• Forum Administrators

I am confused. You are going to directly implement a mod that associates with IC2/etc or are you editing IC2/etc directly to add these features?

And for most of the changes you are bringing up it doesn't matter what version of bukkit is used next. None of them seem like they would be bukkit plugins anyways.

He's asking because, in order to edit base classes to add/change/remove features, he needs to know which version to edit the base classes in, so he doesn't have to do it all over again when Tekkit does update.

• Forum Administrators

He's asking because, in order to edit base classes to add/change/remove features, he needs to know which version to edit the base classes in, so he doesn't have to do it all over again when Tekkit does update.

True but for the most part (unless I am mistaken) everything he is saying he would change would be done through mods, not directly editing the craftbukkit classes. That is reserved for modloadermp/forge. (And I guess chickencodecore or w/e he calls it)

I am confused. You are going to directly implement a mod that associates with IC2/etc or are you editing IC2/etc directly to add these features?

And for most of the changes you are bringing up it doesn't matter what version of bukkit is used next. None of them seem like they would be bukkit plugins anyways.

This mod is not just IC2. It will utilize a combination of all Tekkit mods (so, associates with all of them), as well as change some base features of MC (such as health and hunger, which I may have a plugin do, as compared to a mod). Since I plan to build it using the NEXT version of Tekkit, I need to have a tentative list of mods and their versions, so that I can work more closely with the devs, as well as have the correct build to base my mod on. Another way of explaining this: Do you build a plugin for iron golems that makes them shoot lasers at Creepers for MC 1.0? Heck no, iron golems aren't even in 1.0. Also, I probably won't include Forestry compatibility with my mod, seeing as Tekkit just got divorced with it. I need to know if there are any new mods incoming/mods leaving for the next version.