Processing Version Turns off my Internet Connection

Slenderpman

Question

Launcher Version: Stable (395)

Operating System: Windows XP

Java Version: (Java 7 Build 51)

Antivirus Program: Avast Antivirus Free (However, I have tried disabling it and running the launcher)

Description of Problem:

Whenever I try to download or run a pack in the technic launcher, it seems to run at optimal speed for a windows XP computer, however the problem is after all the mods load up. When it goes to processing version it stays at 0% for about 1-5 minutes, and whatever processes that use internet that are running on my computer freeze up and essentially stop connecting to the internet. However, processes that don't use internet or have offline screens work fine when this happens. This isn't a problem for packs that are already installed, however, for packs like Attack of the B-team and Voltz and Tekkit, which are updated constantly, I can't download them because the time it takes for the connection to reconnect after being unconnected, it gets an error installing the 1.6.4 jar. Please help, I don't wanna be stuck with just tekkit classic.

Solutions I have tried are

Trying to install at varying times for the past 3 days since the public launch (Seriously, if you say its the tekkit servers I'll blow up. It doesn't say anything about the technic servers, it says thing about S3.Amazonaws.com servers)

Disabling AV

Setx-Java_Options in Environment Path

Resetting the pack from options

Deleting the .Technic file

Deleting the pack files

Looking at %Modpack% for anything glaringly wrong.

Resetting my connection as it unzipped packs.

Resetting my connection as it processed version (For some reason, this speeds it up and it almost instantly jumps to installing minecraft)

Allocating more RAM

Reinstalling java

Trying jar, mac, and linux version

Manually adding the 1.6.4 jar to the Bin folder

[Pending] Manually Installing the pack (Any pointers on how to do this would be wonderful)

Error Messages:

Error downloading file for the following pack: Attack of the B-team

Failed to download https://s3.amazonaws.com/Minecraft.Download/versions/1.6.4/1.6.4.jar

Please consult modpack author

Error Log:

Apparently, its too long for a post...

2 answers to this question

• Moderators

me too processing version it stays at 0%

Please make your own bug report and don't jump in someone elses

@Slenderpman, we need a log to find out what happened. If the log is too long then post it on pastebin.com