Problem with Buildcraft Pipes Dropping items

I am running a Tekkit server for a friend and I and we are experiencing a problem with BC transport pipes pumping items from a quarry that seem to be dropping items to the ground. This happens right after passing through only one diamond sorting pipe (no other chests/machines in the mix). We confirmed it's not due to chests being full. What else could it be?

Thanks

Another thing - this only happens if nobody is logged onto the server. We log back in and there are thousands of blocks just sitting loosely on the ground, causing terrible lag. It seems that the quarry still runs when nobody is connected to the server.

If we idle near the quarry, this problem doesn't happen.

It is a known issue that when nobody is online, pipes do not work correctly. Chunk loaders only work when at least 1 person is online. You have 2 options, you can have each person responsible for shutting off their machines before logging off or risk exploding the server, or you can leave one account logged on at all times.

It is a known issue that when nobody is online, pipes do not work correctly. Chunk loaders only work when at least 1 person is online. You have 2 options, you can have each person responsible for shutting off their machines before logging off or risk exploding the server, or you can leave one account logged on at all times.

Great, thanks for the info!

My chunkloader blocks work fine when the server is empty. Sounds like the chunk the pipe which drops items is placed in is simply not loaded.

My suggestion is to use teleport pipes though, as that cuts down on the amount of chunkloaders you have to place if your quarry is not located near the end destination for your resources.

it depends on what you are trying to do. Some things like EE condensers work just fine with chunk loaders and nobody online. Other things will stop functioning correctly, some of these involve pipes and dropping tons of items on the ground.

Only time I ever had a pipe drop items unintentionally (aka due to me not messing up :P) was when a block was unloaded due to no chunkloader. Once that was placed, quarries + pipes runs fine even when no one is online.

Usually I use teleport pipes from the quarries -> sorting room, but the sorting room is all reg pipes, and never seems to drop anything when I'm offline.

I guess I am just lucky then! :)

Does it happen with both type of pipes? or only the BC ones? aka, would using RP tubes solve it?