Quarry Question

bluehaze142

I used to play long ago and I used to power the quarry, electric furnace, and etc with solar panels, mfe, glass fiber cable, and an energy box thing?  

Question is what do you use now to power it??  All I can seem to come up with is using engines to run it but that takes up space. 

I am using the 1.6.4 build.  I just updated today to it.

Our quarry runs off of solar panels using this format:

(Let ~ = Fiber glass cables)

[solar Panels]~[batbox]~[LV2Consumer][bCProducer][EnergyBridge](Wooden Conductive Pipe)(Golden Conductive Pipe)[Quarry]

The LV2Consumer, BCProducer and EnergyBridge only need to be placed next to each other. This effectively turns electricity to MJ. We use this system to power pulverizers, quarrys, planters, etc. I recommend using Golden Conductive Pipes because it reduces energy lost per each block of pipe placed when you're moving your energy to the quarry. Just make sure that as you upgrade your solar panels, you also upgrade the machine that is holding it, which is the batbox in our situation.

Edited by Chefpoontang

Our quarry runs off of solar panels using this format:

(Let ~ = Fiber glass cables)

[solar Panels]~[batbox]~[LV2Consumer][bCProducer][EnergyBridge](Wooden Conductive Pipe)(Golden Conductive Pipe)[Quarry]

There's no IC2 in Tekkit 1.2.x/MC 1.6.4.

Use Thermal Expansion dynamos. A quarry attains max speed at ~48 MJ/t, i. e. 480 RF/t, which is exactly what 6 dynamos of whatever kind can produce. They all output 80 RF/t. Be prepared that you'll need A LOT of energy, though. A quarry at max speed mining a 16x16 chunk from sea level to bedrock (64 layers) uses something between 20 and 30 million RF in total, if I remember correctly. I ran one off a few redstone energy cells (10M RF each) and had to change them twice, with some energy remaining in the last one when it was finished.

EDIT: Just ran another quarry, and apparently, according to the multimeter, maximum energy intake is 564 RF/t. So make that 7 dynamos instead of 6. And it ate up ~45 million RF for 64 layers.

Edited by redsector

Suggestion:

Get the coal from the quarry, pulverize it, liquify it and use it to run compression dynamos.

Coal will net you about 10 mil RF per bucket, far more than you need to run the quarry itself.

Also, charcoal will work for steam dynamos, you can get an infinite water source for both the engine types using an aqueous accumulator.

Coal will net you about 10 mil RF per bucket, far more than you need to run the quarry itself.

Not quite, it's 1 million per bucket, and you need to pulverize and liquefy 10 coal for one bucket. If you already have a lot of coal in stock, you could probably run a few quarries off it, but I doubt that every quarry will produce enough coal to replenish your reserves, unless you get extremely lucky with a few large clusters.

That said, it's probably still the best use for coal. With IC2 and their artificial diamonds gone, I haven't really found a significant use for coal so far. My steam dynamos usually run on charcoal, which is easily renewable.

I wondered that myself, seems like it's not possible. But you can place an energy conduit first and the dynamo will automatically orient its output (top) face towards it.

You can use a wrench, but it will only rotate if there is a output for it. So if there is no conduit or machine it will not rotate.