Vanilla Maps in Tekkit server

dfkop

Hi guys,

I've searched the whole forum for this, but can't seem to find it. Please spare a minute of your time to awnser this. On my private server I want to play tekkit. However me and my friends have put so many hours that we don't want to start a new map. I am aware we won't get any ores on the old chunks, that doesn't matter, we'll just relocate. The problem is that whenever I put the old world files in the server log says that the server succesfully repacked the files so its three folders (world, world_nether and world_the_end) however after that message it just starts generating a new world. Can someone please help me, otherwise I can't play tekkit :/.

Much thanks, JollyJolim

That's what it's supposed to do. It will repackage the files and load them. However, if the spawn puts you somewhere you haven't been yet it will have to generate new chunks. Have you tried hitting F3 in your vanilla server and in the new Tekkit server and seeing if it puts you in the same spot (use e coordinates). If so, if the land generation different?

Also, is the world from the same version of minecraft?