Heads Up: Forge for 1.7.2 is now LIVE!

Lethosos

Heads up to all modders and moddetts, we now have a functional Forge version for the current version of Minecraft right now! And even better yet, it implements an ID-less system as a coding precursor to 1.8's form! Expect individual mod updates in the near future, and don't worry about it not being 1.7.4 yet, that's coming as soon as LexManos & Team catch their collective breaths for a while, and we know compatibility won't be broken anyways.

http://www.minecraftforge.net/forum/index.php?topic=16195.0

(Yeah, I know, it was released on the 8th, but really, I look there once every week, that's it.)

Initial reaction: Cool, 1.7 updates are possible now.

After reading a bit: Digitally signing every mod? Oh yeah, that's entirely to do with preventing malware infested counterfeit mods and nothing to do with enforcing modder will on the greedy evil mortals who dare do such things as make patched versions or the ultimate sin of modding someone else's mod...

Reading even more: Either lex uses IE or he ignores those squiggly underscores on purpose when posting.

After reading a bit: Digitally signing every mod? Oh yeah, that's entirely to do with preventing malware infested counterfeit mods and nothing to do with enforcing modder will on the greedy evil mortals who dare do such things as make patched versions or the ultimate sin of modding someone else's mod...

I noticed that, but I think there's a good point in doing so. However, that's not the topic of discussion here.