Cannot pump waste from fission reactor

johnny walker

Hi folks; we're running on 1.2.5d, and I'm having a real problem consistently pumping waste out of my fission reactor, which is a new issue (worked on earlier 1.2.5 builds).  It seems to work when you first place the reactor down, but after a short while pipes can no longer extract the waste.  I've tried both fluiducts and buildcraft fluid pipes with no difference.  Anybody else seeing this issue?  Thanks.

That doesn't seem to be the case here; I have found that I can fill up a tank with toxic waste using a fluid duct, and pump it out of that tank into a void pipe, but the amount of waste in the reactor continues to climb.  If I stop the reaction, the amount of fluid stays the same in the reactor, but it stops pumping into the tank.

i have mine set up with one fluiduct, pneumatic servo added, straight into a void pipe, no tank. Redstone signal on the fluiduct end that is connected to reactor is set to disabled, works fine. Fluiduct is connected to the bottom of the reactor. 

Edited by Shawn Mullins

you could use a itemduct with servo and chest on the top of the reactor. Fill chest with rods, it only holds one at a time, when it's empty it'll put one more in. 

I would suggest more turbines though, sounds like you might not have enough. Here is how i set up mine, one fissil rod in one fission reactor fills 3 resonant ender cells to about 75%, so that's 75 million RF. 

SUZRR3Y.jpg

Of course this is only a test world setup I have but i copied it for my house. 

Oh and wrench inputs so you only get the one into the bottom like so, seems to help retain the steam longer after rod runs out, turbines spin for another 5-7 mins it seems. 

RLWbf3u.jpg

Yeah its strange, now when i right click on the reactor I'm not even showing a fluid area on the right side anymore like it used to have. Only the box for fuel rods, temp, and steam

EDIT: threw a fuel rod in and it all appeared again. Mine still seems to be draining also.

Edited by Shawn Mullins

I am also suffering from this problem.   

Liquid is not pumping properly from the Fission Reactor.    

With liquiduct & pnumatic servo (tested in all 3 redstone states, no difference on the bug with or without redstone power in all states), or a powered emerald waterproof pipe I get the same results.

Freshly placed reactor will slowly pump out waste (I used a tank to test volume pumped out), without touching anything or moving away from the reactor.   (I double checked, and everything is in the same chunk also).   But after a while it just stops pumping and starts to fill the reactor.   This is pulling from the top of the reactor btw

Breaking the reactor, and pipe and replacing them will start it pumping again... briefly, before it stops working.

Edited by dukasho