Redstone in Motion issues

rogueclon946

So a while back in Tekkit lite there was an issue with nether ores config making the ores spawn in only the top few layers of the nether. I have since used this to make automated mining bores to crawl across the top of the nether for immense profit. The problem I have now is I want to make a wireless switch using wireless redstone CBE or something similar. however it seems that once the receiver activates and moves the bore forward, it gets stuck in its activated state, leaving the options of requiring a manual reset every time or having to go to the nether to turn it off if engine is on continuous mode. Anyone have any workarounds for this? I'm guessing the problem lies with the way RIM converts everything it moves to an entity momentarily or something.

Sadly the same problem prevents me from using Dimensional doors to put a moving warpdoor on it too :(

Edited by rogueclon946

what are you using for the bore head? Like, for destroying blocks. I know that I built one a while back with AE transition planes, and they couldn't break hellfish blocks, so I turned them off on my server, as they kept stopping my bore.

what are you using for the bore head? Like, for destroying blocks. I know that I built one a while back with AE transition planes, and they couldn't break hellfish blocks, so I turned them off on my server, as they kept stopping my bore.

Im just using TE terrain smashers. My bore uses no pwer whatsoever atm.

I don't know about the wireless reciever, but I do know Qcraft portals work on frames.

Thanks. Ill give them a try :)

sweet! I actually had a thread on the forums about that, as there was NO way to teleport to a mining machine after it moved. DimDoors actually created extra metal doors, and the portal was tied to the coords where you made the portal, and any other teleport system was also coordinate tied,meaning you had to walk to your mining machine if you had to get to it.... >.<

• 11 months later...

Heyo, great mod. Wouldn't play without it. But... I was wondering if anyone has found a way to get a signal to all 6 sides of an engine.

As far as i know thare needs to be at least 1 Carriage block attached to the engine, to get successful motion. I've found that this initial block prevents the redstone signal from getting the engine from that side. I.E. if your initial block is on the right, you cannot power the right side of the engine.

It's wierd because the Carriage blocks seem to react to redstone in the same manner and any other block. Yet, the engine cannot take a signal through a block like a piston would.

3up3Byk.png?1

I know there has to be a way. Has anyone succeeded in powering all 6 sides of an engine?

Edited by dulled_edge