Best Technic modpack for me? (New and need advice)

TechnicForumMember

Hello to those who are reading and are willing to send some Helpful info Related to the topic and I thank you for your help.

I played the original minecraft but I watched some friends play tekkit and saw all the beautiful machinery and wanted to switch over to a "mod pack"

Problem is I do not know which mod pack is actually the right one for me :/

Anywhoooo, I am looking for whichever mod pack can offer me the ability to make my minecraft life very techy but only towards making complex buildings and simplifying everyday life tasks... That is of course after I obtain the items necessary to make said simplifiers lol.

I do not care for anything war related but if the mod pack requires me accepting a few battle items I do not mind.

Some specific things I am looking for may or may not help you understand my search.

quarry machines

forcefield (to protect from griefers (may make where I build my stuff into a server))

machines to auto slaughter animals collect food and re populate (if there is such a thing) or just something that can reproduce some sort of food

portal doors (for infinite possibilities)

I do not know if it must be manually added but I guess there was a minion rod of sorts?

and IF I recall there is a portal and book you can create to customize brand new dimensions and such

I love all agriculture item (diff plants, trees, different biomes, lands)

I can;t think of much else I saw so I also hope I am not expecting tooo much :/ Ill understand if 1 mod pack will lose 1 or 2 of these things... Can't get everything you want right? lol

As I said above I appreciate all the helpful info I can get. Looking forward to som good replies :)

Edited by TechnicForumMember

tekkit has a lot of what you're looking for.  probably the one thing it doesn't have that you mentioned is a lot of additional biomes and agriculture focused mods.  there are plenty of things to farm, but nothing like biomes o plenty is in it.

on the other hand, it has all the techy stuff you could possibly want.  there are a few things in it that could be more "pvp" type things, but they are either totally ignorable, or have some uses outside of that.

hexxit is very much adventure focused, so probably not what you're looking for.

attack of the B-team has a lot of neat stuff in it as well and may be worth a look for you, even though some mods like witchery have some pvp focused elements you don't HAVE to mess with them

big dig may also be worth a look, although it is not as updated.  big dig is a more "casual" pack if you will in that ores are set to spwan much more frequently and at larger ranges, making it easy to get what you need to start building.

personally, I would try tekkit (the main version, not lite or classic) first.  see how you like that, then go from there.

edit: rereading your post, the pack you saw was almost certainly attack of the B-team.  give it a shot

tekkit has a lot of what you're looking for.  probably the one thing it doesn't have that you mentioned is a lot of additional biomes and agriculture focused mods.  there are plenty of things to farm, but nothing like biomes o plenty is in it.

on the other hand, it has all the techy stuff you could possibly want.  there are a few things in it that could be more "pvp" type things, but they are either totally ignorable, or have some uses outside of that.

hexxit is very much adventure focused, so probably not what you're looking for.

attack of the B-team has a lot of neat stuff in it as well and may be worth a look for you, even though some mods like witchery have some pvp focused elements you don't HAVE to mess with them

big dig may also be worth a look, although it is not as updated.  big dig is a more "casual" pack if you will in that ores are set to spwan much more frequently and at larger ranges, making it easy to get what you need to start building.

personally, I would try tekkit (the main version, not lite or classic) first.  see how you like that, then go from there.

edit: rereading your post, the pack you saw was almost certainly attack of the B-team.  give it a shot

Ok tyvm sir i will give b team a try n see if its what i am after :)