How can i play with mods on my crap computer

Slayerr555

Okay so basically I'm running on a dell inspiron 570 slim from like 6yrs ago. I used to be able to run tekkit without too many issues. As of late I've been trying to run the yogscast moonquest modpack and I constantly get bad fps and just frame freezing every 2 seconds. My question is is there any way around this? I've allocated my 1G on the technic launcher and set all my graphics to be as basic as possible but I am still unable to run the moonquest modpack. Any suggestions? (Other than the obvious "get a new toaster")

if you're running a 32-bit CPU/OS, there is little that you can do unfortunately.  mods nowadays are pretty much geared towards 64-bit environments and 2 gigs of ram.  there's just no getting around it.

the only way to avoid these issues is to play a pack that doesn't have a large number of mods.  the exact number would depend on which mods were in it though.  it'd be hard to predict how it would work without trial and error.

There's a couple things, but like freakachu said there's not a lot you can really do, almost nothing is actually designed to work on that kind of system anymore.

Firstly, Mapwriter uses a lot of processing power and disk activity on a client - this can cause freezes like you're describing so if your mod has that I'd remove it to see if that helps.

Secondly, you can run the server software rather than singleplayer - that'll let the server use 1GB RAM and the client connecting to use another 1GB RAM (connect to 127.0.0.1 to log into a local server).  This is almost as good in some ways as being able to allocate 2GB, but in others it isn't (you'll still get crashes from out of memory on the client from time to time).  It's certainly an improvement on trying to do it all in the one instance of java, though.