Smeltery has stopped working?

jenngar

I apparently have no luck when it comes to this mod pack, haha.

I was in the middle of making something with Tinkers Construct and then all of the sudden my smeltery stopped working.

All of my ores were gone from it, and my lava was gone - everything.

I've tried remaking it many times and nothing makes it work.

I don't know if I'm the only one having this problem, but it really sucks. :c

When you rebuilt it did you do it in a different spot?

I had this problem, and when I rebuilt it somewhere else it worked great :thumbsup:

Though if you have, Im sorry cant help you

Yeah, I rebuilt it in several different places and it didn't work any of the times :/

Try hitting F9 to bring up the chunk indicator and try placing it in the middle of one of those columns (doesn't have to be exactly, just not slicing it with the sides), if you've been very unlucky you could've had part of the smeltery loaded while another part (in a different chunk) was unloaded, breaking the smeltery and losing its contents.

How did you get your java installation sorted last time, by the way?  It could help other people to know.

Try hitting F9 to bring up the chunk indicator and try placing it in the middle of one of those columns (doesn't have to be exactly, just not slicing it with the sides), if you've been very unlucky you could've had part of the smeltery loaded while another part (in a different chunk) was unloaded, breaking the smeltery and losing its contents.

How did you get your java installation sorted last time, by the way?  It could help other people to know.

Well, I downloaded a few things and then it fucked up my computer so I fixed it. And then the launcher wouldn't open, so now every time I play I have to go into Terminal and type "java -jar" and drag the launcher .jar file after it.

Ok, it's probably removed your symlinks for the old (Java 6) system default version, if you can run using terminal though then you've sucessfully installed java 7 in an OS that specifically doesn't support it, congrats :D

To look at all the default stuff for java now just type in Java Preferences in spotlight, you should be able to click (checkbox) to turn different versions on and off and drag things up and down to change the order of preference.

Did making sure the smeltery was all within the chunk make any difference?