My kid can't find some of his saved games

adopted54

My kids play Minecraft and also the modpacks available through Technic Launcher.

One of them complained that he can no longer find some of the games he saved via the Technic Launcher games.

I went into his AppDataRoaming folder, and found TWO folders for Technic... one is called ".technic" and one is called ".techniclauncher"

I was able to find all of the saved games in the .technic folder via the modpacks loaded through Technic Launcher. However, even though I found save folders in the .techniclauncher folder, I wasn't able to load any of these save games... couldn't find them via the game interface.

1. Why would there be two different folders?

2. Would loading the saved games under ".techniclauncher" be as simple as changing the folder in Technic Launcher OR maybe even moving the save folders over to .technic ? ? ?

3. One of the folders with saved games is called .techniclauncher/technicssp .... i find that interesting, because I don't know what modpack "technicssp" would refer to. Anybody know?

Thanks in advance! :-)

Paul

I had this problem today too. It happened everytime I tried to chop down a giant mushroom. this is how I solved it:

• Start a new world and call it something you can recognise easily. Save and close to title screen.
  • In start menu run %appdata%
  • .technic>Modpacks>Tekkitmain (or what ever mod he's having trouble with)>saves
  • Here you should see both the missing world and the new world you just made.
  • Open both these folders side-by-side.
  • In your missing world folder there is a couple of missing files, Level.dat and Level.dat_old. Simply cut these from you new world and paste into your missing world.
  • When you open your saved games again you should see your missing game back although it's been renamed. You can tell by the second line which retains the old name. Just rename it back if you want.
  • When you spawn in you'll be at a random spawn point (I was about 800 metres south of my base) you might need to go into creative mode spawn in a map and fly around a bit until you find home.

This was how I solved my problem, I've tried to make it as easy to understand as possible.

Edited by Jimbo76

Hey Jimbo76,

Thanks for your reply... I understood what you said. Interesting problem!

In my case, all of the saved worlds under ".technic" are showing up fine. The missing worlds are all the ones saved under ".techniclauncher". I'm wondering if I can just move those save folders over to the .technic folder.

Paul

That sounds like a good idea, well worth a try. I would suggest copying and pasting rather than moving, and then check for any missing files too.

I maybe wrong but I think that the Tekkit launcher is just a small program used to boot and update the game. 

By moving folders, I was able to restore the Hack Slash Mine saved worlds, and some of the Tekkit / Tekkit Classic games. Some of them aren't working yet, so I might try your suggestion of creating a new world and copying Level.dat and Level.dat_old over.

I also found out that /technicssp/ is for "Technic SSP," a modpack that is broken and removed.

Have a good week!

Paul