Getting Sphax PureBDcraft to work with my Tekkit?

jdy3239

I just downloaded The Tekkit Launcher and currently playing Tekkit and LOVE IT. But the bland textures of normal MC are killing me. Heard that Sphax was good, but I cant seem to figure out how to install it. Help? Thanks!

When I last looked, they only had patches for Tekkit Lite and Tekkit Classic.

I would like to go back to Sphax, too. But I wouldn't want it if more than a few (very few) blocks are omitted from the pack. Which is a non-trivial problem in a big modpack like Tekkit.

I tried to make my own by drag and dropping various 'patches' with Sphax but no one seems to want to make the textures for them all as tekkit is still growing and changing (well I think that's why). I know that Galaticraft doesn't have a single texture pack as most consider it pretty good as is but Buildcraft has dozens of Sphax patches. I tried it but I guess it wasn't the right update as none of the pipes/engines were changed. There might be a few you can get to work so more blocks are retextured than not though if you visit Sphax's website and go to the packs/mods part. If you get it to work, lemme know. 

Development speed is an issue here. Consider the new turbines from Big Reactors: These were only introduced in 0.3 (iirc), which is just a few weeks old. Even if some texture artist wanted to make a patch for Big Reactors that covers all the new things, that will take some time to do. And somebody has to decide to do that work in their free time, unpaid, or it won't happen at all.

I don't see Tekkit getting a full-cover texture/resource pack anytime soon, unless the Tekkit guys set out to make it a part of Tekkit. Let's see what they have to say in their "big news" broadcast tomorrow.

If you can be botherer with pureBDcraft's forum there are a few pretty complete tekkit patches made by forum users there. The only major thing I can't seem to get the textures to work with is Balkon's Weapon mod, and the new Big Reactors stuff of course.