energy conversion (industrialcraft and buildcraft)

nyuudou

I heard there was someway to transform buildcraft energy into industrial craft energy (or the other way around). I tried running through the blocks in the NEI but couldn't find anything that looked like it did that, can anyone be so kind to explain how one would do so? or is this maybe just some false rumour?

Thanks in advance,

IvanBlackz aka Nyuudou!Don't do that.

To get buildcraft to industrialcraft you hook up an the buildcraft engine (redstone engines dont work) connect buildcraft pipes to an ENGINE GENERATOR,lv,mv, or hv then industrialcraft to a batbox,mfe,mfsu and there ya go :)

and electric engines produce builcraft power with industrialcraft energy

Yeah i've only recently discovered this, they're not in the list of NEI (dunno why). I've played around with it for most of the weekend. Converting EU's - MJ's is really effecient. I had a refinery powered by 1 Converted hooked up to a nuclear reactor. Was consuming about 25EU/t and had the power of about 5~6 combustion engines. Whilst the quarry was consuming 22EU/t and would not accept any more converters, let alone energy.

I tried to build a reactor made out of combustion engines, powered with fuel and a HV MJ-EU converter and it was only pumping out energy when the pumps actually moved, there was more downtime then up time. And with 4~5 combustion engines I was getting somewhere between 88-127 EU/t's every 4 seconds. So average around ~20 EU/t's per combustion engine...

Unless my setup was wrong. Engines are good for pumps and pumping things through pipes. Generator/Geothermal Generator/Nuclear Reactor is amazing for powering buildcraft (Quarry/Refinery).

Thank you all for your replies, and just out of curiosity, MechaCrash, why not? Excuse me if something in the forum rules got past me, but i was just trying to be polite ^^, . Will not do it again then, and again, thanks.

Thank you all for your replies, and just out of curiosity, MechaCrash, why not? Excuse me if something in the forum rules got past me, but i was just trying to be polite ^^, . Will not do it again then, and again, thanks.

It's because your name is roughly an inch away from the bottom of your post, so it's just redundant and a waste of space.

It's a socio-digital construct that evolved in the earlier days of the Internets development as a way for people with clever handles to sound superior. In this way, regardless of context, Gnome_Chomsky could win an argument (and thus have a larger e-penis) than Gnomek1ll3r8599