annoyed about log ins

allnightmare15

Question

ok.. heres the deal. iv seen people post this ALot. the people or admin that answer this, they dont help. o everytime i try to log in it says "unable to authenticate account to minecraft.net" please if the admins or players know how to fix it THAN HELP NOT ONLY ME, THE TEKKIT COMMUNITY

7 answers to this question

Okay, here's my deal.

If you took a chill pill and read what you apparently searched for properly, you will have found your problem and solution.

If you also posted in the proper report format, I wouldn't have to take a wild stab right now.

The server you are trying to access is running a higher version of java than you. There are servers out there running Java 7.

Now go and sort things out, whether that be altering your post so I/we know exactly what's going on, or using the search bar properly and following the advice given on other posts.

Want to know why people aren't usually helped? It's because people make eye-wateringly shocking posts such as yours, and the people who can help just skim over like nothing was there.

Want to know why people aren't usually helped? It's because people make eye-wateringly shocking posts such as yours, and the people who can help just skim over like nothing was there.

Pretty much.

:argh: "Help me fix my car!"

:stare: "What were you doing when it broke? Do you have any information that might help me figure out what's wrong with it?"

:argh: "WHY WON'T YOU FIX MY FUCKING CAR GOD EVERYONE IS SO UNHELPFUL!!"

ok.. heres the deal. iv seen people post this ALot. the people or admin that answer this, they dont help. o everytime i try to log in it says "unable to authenticate account to minecraft.net" please if the admins or players know how to fix it THAN HELP NOT ONLY ME, THE TEKKIT COMMUNITY

For the love of christ. Really?

1. If you can't authenticate your account to minecraft.net, you're either doing it wrong, or you don't have a legitimate minecraft account. You need one of those to run the launcher successfully.

2. Read. The. God. Damned. STICKIES! Once you're done doing that, THEN post.

Good luck and enjoy yourself.

for all future generations: it's your goddamn antivirus. problem solved. maybe if the answer is in some non-stickied post more people will find it somehow.

Until we figure out the message-board equivalent of premastication and feeding them like little baby birds, no, not really.

It's not even that. It's just basic troubleshooting. This wouldn't be a problem if people just tried to look around for a solution to their problem before posting.

Not once have I posted a problem I've run into, because I've used the fucking search engine. I didn't even have to read a sticky because I was directed there via search.

Wait, no, that's incorrect. I have had to read up on stickies. Because I post such volatile posts 90% of the time, I make sure I'm not breaking the forum rules (too badly) to the point where I need to be kellered, probated, or permabanned.

Point is, people are god damned lazy and I have zero respect or tolerance for someone who posts a question that has been answered AND placed conveniently at the top of the respective forum for ease of access.

It's just ridiculous.