Listing and .pyd

JavaPython

Hey guys,

can you help me out with two things.

1). A free way to open and edit .pyd/.pyc/.pyo files

2). a link/pastebin/.txt download for a Compleate List of all  Placed Block ids.

In this form;

Block Name : Variant Name Data Value/Data Value Range Mod

i.e.

Wool : White Wool 0 Minecraft

Iced Stone : Iced Stone 0 Fossils And Archeology

Data Value if it is like wool and the name changes with the color, data value range if the name stays the same but the appearance changes (iced stone)

thanks this will help me code BTedit! The Attack Of The B-Team MCedit.

. .

|

Edited by JavaPython

That's an odd question, but I guess you're more familiar with JavaPython than Python, maybe? (I am completely unfamiliar with javapython :D)

.PYD files are compiled already so there's no easy way to read then - think of them as a DLL.  .PYC files are compiled bytecode and again, there's not much you can do with that - think of it as a kind of .EXE if you like.  .PYO files are simply an optimised version of PYC files.

There's probably no useful way to edit any of those, if you really want to then what you need to look up is reverse engineering.  What you probably want though is the .PY files (uncompiled sourcecode).

The second thing is pretty easy, open up the NEI window and look for an option called "Dump ID Map Now" which will create a list of item IDs, though the format you get will be different it'll give you the item name and ID which I think is what you're after.  It doesn't give you metadata, so that means manually doing it for chisel and wool, things like that, but that's nothing compared with reversing those files.

Best of luck!

That's an odd question, but I guess you're more familiar with JavaPython than Python, maybe? (I am completely unfamiliar with javapython :D)

.PYD files are compiled already so there's no easy way to read then - think of them as a DLL.  .PYC files are compiled bytecode and again, there's not much you can do with that - think of it as a kind of .EXE if you like.  .PYO files are simply an optimised version of PYC files.

There's probably no useful way to edit any of those, if you really want to then what you need to look up is reverse engineering.  What you probably want though is the .PY files (uncompiled sourcecode).

The second thing is pretty easy, open up the NEI window and look for an option called "Dump ID Map Now" which will create a list of item IDs, though the format you get will be different it'll give you the item name and ID which I think is what you're after.  It doesn't give you metadata, so that means manually doing it for chisel and wool, things like that, but that's nothing compared with reversing those files.

Best of luck!

I've edited .exe but thank you for this brief guide. it was very insightful and will help me. :-) Thanks but one question, NEI window?

Edit : Not .exe, sorry it was a .bat for bukkit :-)

Edited by JavaPython

.BAT is just a list of commands to run in sequence, it works the same way as if you ran them in a command interpreter (the "Command Prompt" on most current versions of windows, you might know it as CMD.COM in XP or even COMMAND.COM if you go back far enough).  I'd say it's closer to source code than bytecode for sure.  (The config files Drake is talking about in formats like XML or YAML are designed specifically to be edited in text mode by people which is why they're so easy to use like that).

If you're serious about editing directly then I used to use OllyDbg for this kind of thing, I haven't done it in a couple years so it may have changed, but it used to be my favorite.  You can get it here; http://www.ollydbg.de/

I'd still strongly suggest trying to get ahold of MCEdit sourcecode - there really has to be a better way than that.

The NEI screen comes up when you click options on the inventory (bottom left by default), there's a tools button, then in there somewhere is the dump options for outputting ids (again, it's been a while, but it's in there somewhere).