Improve performance on ATB?

altiris

A few of my friends that like to play ATB have old computers. I am aware that ATB has over 100 mods, but is there any way that you (devs) can further improve performance on ATB? The issue my friends have is that they get a big lag spike everytime they open their inventory/GUIs (crafting tables, thermal expansion machines, etc), I am assuming this is has to do with NEI Plugin. They have tried to disable NEI but the lag spike still exists. Any ideas?

Edited by altiris

There's plenty of ways to lower lag on your side.

1) Lower render distance

2) Lower graphics settings

3) Use optifine

4) Use other fps increasing mods

5) Tweak config files for various mods (this includes, but is not limited to, project red, biomes o plenty, mfr, chisel, carpenters blocks, ...)

6) Upgrade your computer

The only issue is that they get a rather large lag spike when opening menus such as their inventory, or the crafting table menu etc. I believe this is because of NEI or whatever plugin displays all of the blocks on the side of the screen. They have tried disabling NEI but still get the lagspike. They have tried optifine already and it does make the game run better but does not get rid of the lag spike when opening menus. Any more good ideas? Thanks so far.

if NEI is the one causing it. removing it would be the better option than disabling it to see if the issue persists. If i had to guess though on what NEI is making this lag occur, would be the microblocks being loaded. Those can be hidden by right-clicking on the microblocks section in the item groups (itll be grayed out) so they wont appear in the NEI right-side menu.

if NEI is the one causing it. removing it would be the better option than disabling it to see if the issue persists. If i had to guess though on what NEI is making this lag occur, would be the microblocks being loaded. Those can be hidden by right-clicking on the microblocks section in the item groups (itll be grayed out) so they wont appear in the NEI right-side menu.

Well they cant remove the mod because they can't join the server anymore. They have disabled microblocks on NEI and same issue persists.