I want to disable to things.

Project_06

I'd like to know what makes all ores spawn at all height levels and the frequency of how much is spawned and also id like to know how to disable the morph mod. They both make the game too easy and it gets fairly dull for me very quickly. I can avoid the morph mod but I cant just ignore diamonds in that hill to the east. I mean come on no one can ignore diamonds.

I believe COFH is responsible for the way the ores spawn... But I'm telling you, you'll want all those ores spawning at higher levels because otherwise it'll take so so so long to get anything done.

I agree with Turgle - if you know exactly what to get right from the start then it might be ok with conventional ores, but this pack isn't balanced very well (and honestly it isn't intended to be) so it could be hugely frustrating to waste resources on things if they're precious, just to find you've already got something that works and was cheaper or better - the abundance of ores takes the sting out of a lot of that and encourages play in a certain way - construction and testing of strange and wonderous machinery. :)

To disable morph, simply remove the .JAR file from the mods directory (this will stop you from being able to join servers with it on though).

If the ore spawning rates are fully configurable then ill keep diamond common, just not have it EVERYWHERE. I enjoy a challenge and I take precautions when trying new mechanisms to avoid wasting material. AS for the morph mod I thought that the mudpack would redownload it if it found it missing. So I never tried to do that. Thanks for the help both of you.