Regarding trying to add mods to server :( help please?

Looks like you haven't added portal gun, and instead you've added a second copy of iChun's Utils (there's already a version in the modpack, so you literally just add the portal gun mod zip file).

You need to get back to clean - remove that ichun utilities file you added (the one with the version number is the one you want to keep), then;

1: Download PortalGun2.0.2.zip

2: Put PortalGun2.0.2.zip in %AppData%.technicmodpacksattack-of-the-bteammods

3: Play the game

If you have further problems, please post them up on the tracker rather than here (links are in my sig) and just mention that you're running on a modded version of B-team.

Edit: With the other mods, make sure you've tried the modern equivalents first - autofarming is done by the minefactory reloaded planter and harvester, solar panels are done by galacticraft (the entire power system is reworked so it's not an exponential progression like tekkit), dimension doors can be pretty much replaced by enhanced portals (except for the loads of worlds it makes on the server if people explore, but I'm glad for that).  The mods you are thinking of are IC2 and Buildcraft, but I'm not sure there's a version of those for minecraft 1.6.4.

Edited by Loader

Looks like you haven't added portal gun, and instead you've added a second copy of iChun's Utils (there's already a version in the modpack, so you literally just add the portal gun mod zip file).

You need to get back to clean - remove that ichun utilities file you added (the one with the version number is the one you want to keep), then;

1: Download PortalGun2.0.2.zip

2: Put PortalGun2.0.2.zip in %AppData%.technicmodpacksattack-of-the-bteammods

3: Play the game

If you have further problems, please post them up on the tracker rather than here (links are in my sig) and just mention that you're running on a modded version of B-team.

Edit: With the other mods, make sure you've tried the modern equivalents first - autofarming is done by the minefactory reloaded planter and harvester, solar panels are done by galacticraft (the entire power system is reworked so it's not an exponential progression like tekkit), dimension doors can be pretty much replaced by enhanced portals (except for the loads of worlds it makes on the server if people explore, but I'm glad for that).  The mods you are thinking of are IC2 and Buildcraft, but I'm not sure there's a version of those for minecraft 1.6.4.

To b honest I was actually expecting to get troller/flamed ._. so glad that was not the case. Thank you loader for the help. Could you explain enhanced portal when you get some more free time? Little confused on what you meant by the whole part that you liked (i am dense and wont deny it)

It is upsetting to hear that the mods may not be made for 1.6.4 but I am sure not everyone always gets what they want but hey! Least I can use portal gun now thanks to your advice. I will post back to make sure its working;

Again ty loader for your help so far :)

update:So happy now that you helped me the portal gun works.

So now

1. should i start a different topic if I have more modpack questions?

or should I just ask them here or maybe pm you? :x

Edited by TechnicForumMember

Not sure the tracker is the right place to be putting stuff on adding in mods, it's more for fixing problems than stuff like that, so I guess asking here is fine (if a mod could correct this if I'm wrong I'd be grateful, though, really not certain).

PMing me is fine but usually way slower than this forum.  Just ask here unless someone tells us otherwise (it's useful to other people in future that way, too).

As for trolling/flaming, let me tell you a little story about how I see it working here (this is my own opinion, it's exaggerated and maybe completely wrong, reader discretion is advised);

Think of the technic forums as a group of apocalypse survivors, outside these thick walls is the deep dark internet, full of horrors... anyone is welcome to come here for sanctuary, and if they show up asking for help and seem to realize they're asking for a favour the forums will go out of their way to help the newcomers.  Sometimes, they'll even offer insightful advice that clearly comes from a higher power (because it's not rooted in any kind of logic) with statements like "lol noob get a mac/pc, throw away that trash mac/pc", but such seers can be safely ignored.  Never forget though that a society like this one, nay, a community like this one, will pull together in times of difficulty - those who come through the walls of the forums and make demands, insist on getting helped as if they 'deserve' the time of the volunteers for some reason, oh, those poor people don't know what they've brought upon themselves.

Not sure the tracker is the right place to be putting stuff on adding in mods, it's more for fixing problems than stuff like that, so I guess asking here is fine (if a mod could correct this if I'm wrong I'd be grateful, though, really not certain).

PMing me is fine but usually way slower than this forum.  Just ask here unless someone tells us otherwise (it's useful to other people in future that way, too).

As for trolling/flaming, let me tell you a little story about how I see it working here (this is my own opinion, it's exaggerated and maybe completely wrong, reader discretion is advised);

Think of the technic forums as a group of apocalypse survivors, outside these thick walls is the deep dark internet, full of horrors... anyone is welcome to come here for sanctuary, and if they show up asking for help and seem to realize they're asking for a favour the forums will go out of their way to help the newcomers.  Sometimes, they'll even offer insightful advice that clearly comes from a higher power (because it's not rooted in any kind of logic) with statements like "lol noob get a mac/pc, throw away that trash mac/pc", but such seers can be safely ignored.  Never forget though that a society like this one, nay, a community like this one, will pull together in times of difficulty - those who come through the walls of the forums and make demands, insist on getting helped as if they 'deserve' the time of the volunteers for some reason, oh, those poor people don't know what they've brought upon themselves.

I understand lol and appreciate your efforts on the forums :)

Some people on the internet can be demanding indeed :(

So the only other thing I actually wanted to know is if you knew any mods that are actually missing in your opinion that can work with 1.6.4 and actually benifit the long haul for a server? I just feel like there is so much techy mods missing :x I started aotbt and i DO love it I just assume you can always make things "better" ;)

I hope you can get what I mean :x haha

I dunno for gameplay, that really comes down to what you feel like and the things you like.  Expansions from flans mod (guns, planes, spaceships) can be fun and they're just a matter of dropping into the flans mod folder too, witchery is still new and developing rapidly, so it's becoming a more and more fully featured magic option as time goes on.  There's a good tool for resolving itemID conflicts automatically but I can't remember what it's called off the top of my head (Kalbintion will know - if he sees this I'm sure he'll tell us).

For server operation though I would suggest MCPC+ for its lag-reducing effects (like combining dropped items into stacks) and also so you can run bukkit plugins (worldprotect, essentials etc.).  Some people swear by ClearLagg too, but I don't find that it makes much of a difference and it can be a little dangerous for my liking for something I don't think is especially necessary (it both has the power and is designed to remove things from the world), my server is small, about a dozen people on regularly, so it may be more effective on large servers or on servers with more transient populations, I don't know.

I dunno for gameplay, that really comes down to what you feel like and the things you like.  Expansions from flans mod (guns, planes, spaceships) can be fun and they're just a matter of dropping into the flans mod folder too, witchery is still new and developing rapidly, so it's becoming a more and more fully featured magic option as time goes on.  There's a good tool for resolving itemID conflicts automatically but I can't remember what it's called off the top of my head (Kalbintion will know - if he sees this I'm sure he'll tell us).

For server operation though I would suggest MCPC+ for its lag-reducing effects (like combining dropped items into stacks) and also so you can run bukkit plugins (worldprotect, essentials etc.).  Some people swear by ClearLagg too, but I don't find that it makes much of a difference and it can be a little dangerous for my liking for something I don't think is especially necessary (it both has the power and is designed to remove things from the world), my server is small, about a dozen people on regularly, so it may be more effective on large servers or on servers with more transient populations, I don't know.

Nothing machine wise I see. Believe it or not but aotbt already has c4, lmgs, pistols but I dont see a need for them atm. witchery seems..... meh, I don't really fiddle with witchcraft myself but maybe if some of the people in my server ask ill consider adding. Im just the tech guy myself, factorys, pipes, solar power, alchemy (alchemy bag storage ftw)

Anywho, thanks loader for all ur insight and advice. :)

I meant witchery is already in - sorry, should've been clearer - the question there is whether you'd want to add ars magica or thaumcraft (it's written to work alongside either), but both of those are significantly more powerful than witchery and give faster returns (maybe not as obviously useful or applicable to other strategies, but certainly more powerful alone), so you'd probably end up minimizing witchery a bit by adding those at this point.

I think there's enough guns, to be honest, but it's a popular thing people like to add (or cars, or planes).

I think there's enough tech stuff - there's a few things missing, but they're missing intentionally (minions instead of quarries, no pumps so you can't quite automate everything without a significant cost to doing so).

I'd suggest you start by working your way through the mods that are included, you should get a feel for what you wish was in the pack from that.  Feel free to ask here if you think it's missing something, there's a lot of times I've thought the pack needed something just to find it was already included in one of the mods I haven't used before and I simply hadn't realised :D

I meant witchery is already in - sorry, should've been clearer - the question there is whether you'd want to add ars magica or thaumcraft (it's written to work alongside either), but both of those are significantly more powerful than witchery and give faster returns (maybe not as obviously useful or applicable to other strategies, but certainly more powerful alone), so you'd probably end up minimizing witchery a bit by adding those at this point.

I think there's enough guns, to be honest, but it's a popular thing people like to add (or cars, or planes).

I think there's enough tech stuff - there's a few things missing, but they're missing intentionally (minions instead of quarries, no pumps so you can't quite automate everything without a significant cost to doing so).

I'd suggest you start by working your way through the mods that are included, you should get a feel for what you wish was in the pack from that.  Feel free to ask here if you think it's missing something, there's a lot of times I've thought the pack needed something just to find it was already included in one of the mods I haven't used before and I simply hadn't realised :D

will do man thanks again :)

update: new problem. for whatever reason i have tried 3 different times to set up stream cards for my radio and no matter what I edit they all return "unknown stream type"

I followed step by step on youtube

radio {

# Add tuned crystals as loot in chests

B:enableChestLoot=false

# Maximum number of sources playing at one time

I:maxSources=50

# List any radio stations you want

S:radioStations <

"http://69.157.37.88:8111;ChristianRock;Blue"

"http://174.37.16.73:3280/Live;RockMetalAndMore;Red"

"http://91.121.184.49:8000;TodaysTopHits;Blue"

"http://37.59.41.178:8000;JpopAsianHits;Purple"

"http://206.190.136.141:4144/Live;YourKpopStation;Black"

"http://95.141.24.168:80;TheDubstepStation;Yellow"

"http://173.245.94.220:80;TheAlternativeStation;Green"

>

# Tuned crystals merchant id (-1 to disable)

I:radioVillagerId=6156

# Should tuned crystals sell records too

B:radioVillagerSellsRecords=true

}

and ive tried spacing the names ive tried spelling in all 1 word nothing will work :(