Insane lag in the launcher and every modpack

victornor

Hey i have this weird problem.......
When i start the launcher on my pc it takes ages(100secs) to start up
The logs are pretty clean no errors or problems at all
I think the problem is my java but i really don't see how anything could be fixed

i've tried everything both setting up max ram, reinstalling, installing 32bit, installing 64bit, installing jre8, 7, 6 and taking the javaw from another pc where it's working and nothing is working

Everything is simply done 10x slower than on my other computers which has worse specs
It's possible to startup a modpack but it takes so long time and the ingame lag horrible

Is it possible to run a java benchmark? so i can compare to other pcs

Edited by victornor

• Discord Moderator

Something must be misconfigured somewhere. You previously stated that your had an i7 but also that the clock frequency was 1600 MHz. This doesn't make sense as there should be no i7 CPUs with a max clock speed at that rate. Either you misquoted something or you need to figure out why you saw that. Minecraft, and especially Forge, are very CPU intensive compared to other components in your system. If your CPU is underclocked, or not automatically clocking up when required due to power settings or BIOS configuration, then things might not run as expected.

OK now i tried running the online demo of minecraft (https://minecraft.net/demo)
It runs just as laggy as everything else using java
This has nothing to do with my hardware since my cpu is running on 2% and memory on 10% load
This must be a problem with my java

-edit

the game itself is not laggy but the loading of minecraft and the loading of menus
When opening chests or interacting with crafting tables etc. i get a huge lag spike 

Edited by victornor

• Discord Moderator

Without laying hands on your PC (obviously ridiculous) I don't know what more I can suggest. All your hardware/OS/software pieces of the puzzle seem well assembled. Something has to be up with your local system.