Question about running a server and Dimensional Doors

Is it possible to disable Dimensional Doors or prevent them from spawning? I've noticed my world file had gotten to a point where there were 1000+ separate dimensions as each pocket dimension would cause a new world to be spawned and my friends loved going through hundreds in an hour trying to get a diamond block.

Beyond disabling DD, is there any way I can prevent the massive accumulation of worlds and dimensions?

I would just go through periodically and delete dimensions I knew were DD as once in a while me and one of my guys would do the same thing and just wander through doors for an hour for giggles. I kept a list of stuff that I knew was important and just pruned around it every so often. Honestly my biggest concern with that mod is placing too many doors (because stairs are ugly :P) in a space caused our server such severe lag that I had to scrap the whole dimension and start over.

in config/DimDoors.cfg set 

B:"Enable Rift World Generation"=false

This will stop DImDoors from generating in the overworld (or other dimensions besides the nether) without disabling the mod altogether.