Combustion engines or Pump problem?

I have 4 combustion engines running fuel and cooled down with 2 pumps that run on 4 red stone engines. At first everything goes fine. But after some time, 15+ min for some unknown reason pumps start to deliver less and less water and my combustion engines starts to overheat. Isnt 2 pumps enough for 4 combustion engines? The engines only run a refinery and a quary.

I found the reason: Sorry for thread. /end But for people intrested in solution and reasons, This.

"

1 Pump powered by 4 Redstone Engines should supply enough water via gold waterproof pipes for 4 Combustion Engines.
1 Pump powered by 1 Steam Engine should supply enough water  via gold waterproof pipes for 8 Combustion Engines.
1 Pump powered by 1 Combustion Engine should supply enough water  via gold waterproof pipes for 16 Combustion Engines. (However: Due to the increased rate the pump extracts source blocks, it may occasionally drain an infinite water source. Thus, it may be preferable to use multiple Pumps over seperate water bodies than a single Pump operating at such high efficiency.)
"

I was useing stone waterproof pipes so probably thats the reason. Gonna change them and see if it improves
Edited by Bobolove

Well, if your water stops when your not there then obviously somethings going wacko with the Dimensional Anchor because the Dimensional Anchor should be loading the chunks to prevent it from stopping. Have you tried pressing F12 which will show the area the Anchor will load? It could fix your problem, you could also try breaking and replacing your Anchor. If that doesn't work you could also try a Chunk Loader! Hope this helps :)

• 2 weeks later...

Try using Aqueous Accumulator (doesn't drain water sources) instead of a Pump and connect them with Liquiducts (from Thermal Expansion). Both are more reliable than their BC equivalents. And you can save those engines for something else :-) Not sure if it helps, it's probably just chunkloading problem.