NEED TO STORE ALL OF THE FLUIDS

LunaticMiner

Ok, so i'm learning about Applied Energistics. Its an amazing mod, and in my testing world I already have a thing that sorts out and smelts any and all overworld ores it finds in its network, gives me back ingots, and displays the amount. However, my knowledge of the mod is reaching an eclipse. So, I decided to learn about Extra Cells.

LONG STORY SHORT:

Can someone give me a reasonably detailed guide about how to store fluids in my ME Network? I have a pump set up and a fluid tesseract (my network in the test world is very far away from water) and the transfer works, I just can't seem to shove it into my network.

Don't forget to open the Fluid Import Bus' interface and increase the import speed. It runs very slow at default.

Do note that higher speeds take more energy.

Inside the Fluid Terminal, you can also insert any portable fluid container (bucket, portable tank, drum) to add its contents to the fluid storage, or fill an empty container.

The import speed is an important setting. If you import a fixed fluid volume (like a sludge lake with a pump) it's safe to set it to the highest setting.

But when it comes to lava from the nether with an ender thermic-pump or water from aqueous accumulators your me fluid network will fill up pretty fast.

If you have it connected to some machines you have a larger problem. When starting a fluid network check frequently the fluid storage free space at the ME drive.

Edited by bochen415

You need to search in nei.

Try searching 'fluid'.

All blue cards are good beginning at 'ME 1k Fluid Storage' and ending at ME 64k Fluid Storage.

The fluid storage cells are just a building block for the cards. You will need a lot (more than you think) resources to build a big fluid storage network.

One 64k fluid storage at my network holds 16384 buckets of fluids (6 types).

New Problem:

My network seems to be working, but it will only store water, oddly. I have another tesseract connected that should be letting in lava, but it doesn't seem to be working. Can anyone explain this. I have no where to host my picture, so I can't show you the problem D:

It is connected in the EXACT same way, but lava won't get in there.

I have stored a lot of water, the import bus is set to always input regardless of signal just like the water, and I have one entire drive dedicated to fluid storage with 10 max capacity fluid storage units. The lava is going through the tesseract, into the tank buffer, but it isn't being imported.

What kind of tank? TE tank? Have you set it to output? Maybe you don't need a buffer? Try without one.

Look at the drives hover over the storage cards. What info do you get?

Edited by bochen415

Buildcraft tanks have to be pumped with some fluiducts. Try Thermal Expansion tank set to output or try without one. Are the tesseracts set right? Send fluid (lava pit) / receive fluid (base with me network).

If tesseract is problematic try an ender tank. They are cheaper.

Edited by bochen415