Sending power remotely

Ok I have a mega nuclear power base in the bottom of my comlex. My power base has a total of eight breeder reactors pushing 384 EU per tick ( iam using this power to run my ME network,force fields, and the machines required to keep my facility running and producing scrap). I have eight total main reactors pushing 4360 EU per tick, for of those are feed strait into mass fabricators. What I am going to do with the four remaining reactors is to build up power to run all my other things, such as , my auto farms, mob essence collectors , security force fields , and last but not least my 41 by 41 forcefield mining bore. The question I am posing at this moment in time is that I am trying to use tesseracts to transfer the 4360 EU remotely from the reactor to a predetermined power storage area , and the from there remotely to my other powerless endeavors , but I have noticed some sort of power drain between point a and b. my remote setup is ( from reactor , ic2 consumer into an energy bridge , then into a bc producer then redefine energy cell to a energy tesseracts Am I doing something wrong?

• Discord Moderator

Keep in mind that tesseracts and Redstone Energy Conduit connections lose a TON of power in the default config settings (in the Tekkit Lite version of TE). This can be reduced and/or eliminated by changing the default values.

Also, keep in mind that the max possible transfer of MJ through a tesseract is 200 MJ/t and is hard coded. You can set it lower than that but setting the config value higher does absolutely nothing. If you want/need more power than that you'll have to use more channels.

Edited by plowmanplow

Think you for the help. I will experiment with this and see if I can get it to work. If you don't mind answering this, how many channels would I need to push out 4360 eu/t, and can one energy tesseract handle the entire 4360 or would I have to use one energy tesseract per channel?

• Discord Moderator

4360 EU/t = 1744 MJ/t

Since the max transfer per Energy Tesseract channel is 200 MJ/t that would require 9 tessearcts on different channels to manage all the power. Make sure you change your ThermalExpansion config settings or you will be losing about 350 MJ/t which is over 870 EU/t.

Edited by plowmanplow