Tinkers Construct Hammers

woody0706

its been a while seince ive used the hammer from tinkers construct, but last time i did i remember it working on all ores(tin,copper, etc) but now it seems to only work on coal ore. Im currently using 1.0.11a version of AOTB but even in 1.0.10b i have the same issue. Is this a bug or has the hammer been updated to where it now doesnt work on those types of ore. Any information reguarding this would be helpfull. Thank you to anyone who knows whats going on with this.

i tried with 2 different hammers both had manylluyn plates, both had paper heads, one had a blue slime handle and one had a manylluyn handle.....after id seen your post i went and tried in a different world and it seems that paper heads dont allow it to work on ores but other types do...why is this...the mining lvl is still highenough even with the paper head.

nvm figured it out...ty for listening to me being a noob :P   when i went back and checked my other world that i had them on i noticed i had diamond on it as a mod, hence brining up the mining lvl, i never noticed that the mining lvl was at stone when using a paper head even though the plates were manylluyn

Edited by woody0706

with using a paper head (even though i have manylluyn plates and handle) it only has a mining lvl of stone, adding a diamond or emerald pushes up the mining lvl to where it will mine the other ores (tin, copper, etc.) i used to always make my hammers with a emerald on them but decided it was a waste seince i had auto repair on it, hence then finding out its mining lvl was too low. i never paid much attention when i was building the hammer to notice the mining lvl, just assumed it should of been high enough seince i had most of it made out of manylluyn

Edited by woody0706