Cant get plugins on my 1.2.9e server! HELP!

ExTiNcT

I put the server files in a folder, i run the cauldron installer i put the path to the server folder and select install server and i install it. I rename the .jar it renders me to Tekkit.jar and i run server launcher. Server loads fine untill its almost done then i get an error.

20:52:05 [iNFO] Loading NEI
20:52:10 [iNFO] Version check failed
20:52:11 [sEVERE] New Galacticraft version available! v2.0.13 http://micdoodle8.
com/
20:52:21 [sEVERE] java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space
20:52:21 [sEVERE] Encountered an unexpected exception OutOfMemoryError
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space
20:52:24 [iNFO] Stopping server
20:52:24 [iNFO] Saving players
20:52:24 [iNFO] Saving worlds
20:52:24 [iNFO] Saving chunks for level 'world'/Overworld
20:52:25 [WARNING] DSCT: socket closed
20:52:25 [iNFO] Closing listening thread
20:52:26 [sEVERE] java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space
>Java HotSpot 64-Bit Server VM warning: Exception java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
 occurred dispatching signal UNKNOWN to handler- the VM may need to be forcibly
terminated
Java HotSpot 64-Bit Server VM warning: Exception java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
occurred dispatching signal UNKNOWN to handler- the VM may need to be forcibly t
erminated
occurred dispatching signal UNKNOWN to handler- the VM may need to be forcibly t
erminated
erminated

Help please! 

As you surely have recognized and read in those lines are an error concerning "PermGen space":

20:52:21 [sEVERE] java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space

For this to fix you need to check and change your launch.bat or launch.sh.

In this file there is the command how java is being called with what kind of options and parameters.

The parameters for PermGen is not included (therefore default values have been used).

Now, without knowing how much RAM you have and how much RAM you already allocate for Java, it is hard to say what you need to do.

The parameter are called "-XX:PermSize=yyym" and  "-XX:MaxPermSize=yyym". The first one is for the initial value of PermGen space, the second how much it can grow (basically).

Examples:

-XX:PermSize=128m

-XX:MaxPermSize=512m

Attention: I do not know how much RAM you have and how much you already allocated to Java. So my 128 MByte initial PermGen space and the maximum of 512 MByte PermGen space may not work for you.

Also note that 32bit Java has a rather low memory ceiling, so it is recommended to run the 64bit flavour. Requires a 64bit CPU and operating system as well, but those are common for a while now.

Sometimes there is a Java memory cap in system variables. Have a look in there and remove or at least raise it to 2GiB if there is one.

If none of that solves the issue, please continue on our issue tracker and follow the template.

Edited by Curunir