[DIFFERENT] ModPack Crashing Upon World Loading

NuclearNarwhal

Ok, so my ModPack is crashing whenever I try to join worlds... I made a previous post about a similar problem, but that was caused by something else. This must be a different problem because I completely removed the mod that was causing trouble form the previous post.

When I added the "Mine & Blade: Battlegear 2" mod to my ModPack, the problem began.

The platform URL of my ModPack is:

http://www.technicpack.net/api/modpack/das-reich-der-drachen

Here is a gist of the crash report:

https://gist.github.com/anonymous/a241cc436af47abd74c7

Thanks in advance!

Trying to run 1.7.2 mods with Java 6 is going to end poorly (as previously mentioned).

I installed Java 7 though...

Am I missing an installation step or something?

EDIT: Just ran a verification test from https://www.java.com/en/download/installed.jsp and it says I have Java Version 7, update 60.

Seeing as I can only assume you have Java 7 properly installed, does it allow you to create and join a world through my ModPack?

Edited by NuclearNarwhal

The crash report you posted clearly shows that your client is using Java 6.

I don't suppose you'd have any experience with Macs and Java? Because after some digging I found out that my Minecraft is using the default Mac OS X Java 6, even though I have the Oracle Java 7 JRE and JDK installed... Do you know how I might be able to get the applications (Minecraft and the ModPack versions of it) to use the Oracle Java 7 instead of the default Mac OS X Java 6?

To elaborate, if I go into my terminal and type:

java -version

It shows the following:

java version "1.7.0_60"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_60-b19)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 24.60-b09, mixed mode)

The Java control panel in System Preferences supports this reading as well. Stating that I have Java 7, update 60. But when I launch Minecraft in the development window is shows the following:

[12:02:00 INFO]: System.getProperty('java.version') == '1.6.0_65'

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated...

Edited by NuclearNarwhal

• Discord Moderator

I have no experience using Java on a Mac, but it is my understanding that older versions of MacOS/whatever come with Java 6 and it is somewhat tricky to get things updated to Java 7. Google may be your friend here.

I have no experience using Java on a Mac, but it is my understanding that older versions of MacOS/whatever come with Java 6 and it is somewhat tricky to get things updated to Java 7. Google may be your friend here.

Believe me, I have already invested numerous hours looking for a solution... But to no avail. I tried changing information in the Info.plist of Minecraft so that it would run Java 7, but it simply said that no compatible version was found.