Does Power armor break?

king224

You can lose your powersuit if you die and do not go back to retrieve it. So it helps to have spare jetboots and helmet with flight control in case you dropped it in a not easily accessible location (other than "in" lava).

I was playing around with pig zombies in an auto-spawner once and they got out and swarmed me. After my death to my dismay I saw one of the pig zombies walking off wearing my powersuit. Fortunately they despawned when I respawned, but I had to hunt for the powersuit which was separated from the rest of my stuff. So I guess I was not dreaming that the pig zombie walked away wearing my powersuit.

Be aware that if you do not have proper cooling for your suit, in certain situations of overuse of some devices the suit can overheat and catch on fire, which can kill you. A flux capacitor or energy cell anywhere in your inventory can help maintain powersuit power without weighing it down with internal energy storage.

To reinforce the point about the Powersuit catching fire: This is a different kind of fire damage than usual. It will kill you in two seconds, you won't even have enough time to discard the suit, and there is no protection against it. Make doubly sure it never catches fire, and keep in mind that it shares the heat with the Glove tool.

Invest in heat sinks, preferably two. I have a total weight of about 9.5kg between the two (I use them to round off my weight to 25kg). I also recommend installing the cooling system and the emergency cooling system (the one with the internal water tank). Even at the minimum of 200 buckets it's enough to save your bacon if you get overzealous with a railgun.