Server not allowing certain mod items?

Hey everyone!

I have a question and i need some help here. So my single player world works perfectly fine and every mod item works but the moment i make a server to play with my friends on 1.2.9e certain mod items are not working. (I use to run servers a lot and knew how to fix this i just can't remember for the life of me now and none of my friends know what's up) So i was just wondering if someone could help me out?

Sincerely,

Mr_herpvanderp

I have now started it both ways, both ways are giving me the same results and to clarify it is all mods not just certain ones. I cannot obtain them when i craft them and i cannot spawn them from the NEI interface. When i try and spawn it from NEI it says no item exist with such id ###

I have now started it both ways, both ways are giving me the same results and to clarify it is all mods not just certain ones. I cannot obtain them when i craft them and i cannot spawn them from the NEI interface. When i try and spawn it from NEI it says no item exist with such id ###

This is a standard situation when the wrong jar is started.

Stop the server and start with tekkit.jar

It is recommended to use the launch script (launch.sh on Unix/Linux/MacOS, launch.bat on Windows) because it will start Tekkit.jar with the default parameters. If the Minecraft server.jar is started instead, you are essentially running a non-Tekkit server, which prompts the exact symptoms you describe. No idea what you mean by "both ways", but it certainly were two wrong ways.

So either use the script or make sure you start the correct jar file.