kid claiming to be a programer for launcher

AlexTheZombie

this kid who claimed his name was Edward (ign-Cookie0104336)  one of 8 people who created the actual launcher joined the server i work as a mod for and lost items due to them being banned at the spawn but not in the map.  he starts claiming if we dont reimburse him of the items that hes going to have me Zombi3murderer and the other mod on Lilbuzzy9000 banned from the launcher for not listening to him. we explained we couldnt return the armor he lost because of the spawn rules due to the rule is no refunds unless its a donor and he goes on claiming he knows all the creators and he will have us banned from the launcher. i was confused and we banned him from the server. but i think this should be dealt with because i love using this launcher and the modpacks it offers. and it troubles me to think that people would go impersonate the people who worked on making this for everyone to use. i just wanted someone else to know what happened because its wrong and also annoying if this player is running around servers crying like this. it causes a unneeded hassle for players,staff, and owners themselves. sorry if this is in the wrong forum but i felt this would be the proper place to put it. 

thanks, zombi3

• Moderators

Technic staff can't ban anyone from using the launcher, anyone saying so deserves to have his foot in his mouth.

The launcher connects through the mojang authentication server, so it rests on mojang to ban anyone from using any launchers. Not that they would ever use that power on payed costumers

I don't know what 8-year old you had on your server, but I highly doubt it is anyone from the staff.

well i was just putting it up so people knew about it and could watch for it

Honestly it's very common for people with no power to lie about their connections to trick those with power over them. You haven't been playing games long if you haven't run into some little kid claiming to either be a dev or know a dev of whatever game you're playing and demand preferential treatment or "you'll be sorry".

I've seen so many people claiming to be the kids of developers I have to wonder how any games get made with all the apparent sex game developers are having.

So go ahead and laugh at the next guy who tries to bully with unsupported claims of power and threats of disproportional retribution. It helps to imagine them as little kittens puffing their fur out.