Sphax for Latest Tekkit

Prototype958

I'm having a lot of trouble locating an updated Sphax BDCraft for the current version of Tekkit. Everything I download seems to be missing even the basic Thermal Expansion textures that I'm 90% sure I used to have in some of my older worlds(can't double check now because I deleted all my packs trying to update). I don't expect every block to have a texture, but I know things like the Rubber Trees at least had textures before. 

Does anyone here have a link to a complete pack/patch they could share?

Or if BDCraft is falling behind, how about some suggestions for other texture packs that work well with Tekkit?

A current one can be found here. Although for some reason, it didn't work properly on 1.2.10 beta for me. I got it to work when I took a standard 1.6.4 Sphax pack and added all the mod stuff myself from that other pack. Using that right now.

Maybe you should try doing what I did.

Edited by Curunir

Thanks a ton, what exactly wasn't working for you?

The main reason I'm looking for one that's already put together like what you shared is I'm struggling to find the individual packs since there's just so many at this point. I had tried pulling in a couple individual packs to cover what I thought I was missing but they weren't working for me. 

I think most mod blocks were working, but vanilla blocks were not covered by Sphax for some reason. That and some more glitches that I can't even remember.

You could opt to roll your own even if you don't know the mods too well. Just throw together those that you do know are in Tekkit, then enter the game and look into NEI. It should be trivial to spot the ones that still have vanilla textures, and the WAILA tooltip will tell you which mod they are from.

There are some mods with sub-mods in there, namely Buildcraft (sub-mods BC Builders, BC Factory...) and Computercraft. So it might be necessary to get more than one patch for those.

Well, it doesn't look like I'm going to need to build it myself as the one you linked is working absolutely perfectly so far. Actually it works better then what I used to have as this has sooooo many more updated textures for MFR, AE, just about everything that I'm currently using. Thanks again

I think MFR is still work in progress, so it lacks a few items. But otherwise, it's quite near 100%.

Another thing: There are animated and non-animated Nether Ore textures (same for Netherrack and Soul Sand, I think). Default patches seem to use animated, so in case the animation annoys you, it is possible to switch the textures for static ones. The animation is rather subtle, but it might still be disturbing for some.

Edited by Curunir