Entity Removal (leaking pipes)

rjmaco

Hi guys, I can't seem to find this by searching so I'll have to ask.

I've witnessed the piling up of entities due to them falling out of pipes as mentioned in some other threads.

But, the thing that I don't get is that normally, most servers I have played on have despawned stuff after a few minutes yet the tekkit server seems to allow them to persist forever? What is the setting I am missing?

Yep. All we have is the default tekkit installed. I ran into the nether the other day and there was dropped gear from someone who died a day earlier. In the server we used to play on, that stuff was gone in 5 minutes. That is definitely something that tekkit would benefit from.

We do use the remove command - unfortunately the pipes bug seems to happen worst when there is no player on with a quarry (actually 6 full size ones) running at the same time. I am not sure if it can be scheduled because it is a location based command. I have run it from the console from mcmyadmin with no success. You seem to need to be a physical player located somewhere in order to get it to work.

Depending on the frequency of connection, entities can pile up to the point where it is no longer possible to log in. I have then had to use mcedit to clean it up. Right now I am failing to find something that handles auto cleanup. I have installed nolagg but I'm not convinced that even that will fix the problem as at best it will probably reduce the entity drops by a factor of 64.

Thanks for your suggestions, though.

How about adding a script plugin and create a script to run the remove entity command every x seconds/minutes?

Something like this?

I have scripted the /remove command but as I say, the command appears to be require a connected player to correctly trigger due to its reliance on the physical location of the player with which to base its radius parameter on.

I hope I'm wrong about that, but I have had no luck so far.

I think i know what is happening. I read this along time ago and this might not be crediable. But items dispear in 5 minites or so. Unless you leave the chunk. When you leave the chunk the items are saved into the chunk and permanatly saved (Once again could be wrong)

Yep. All we have is the default tekkit installed. I ran into the nether the other day and there was dropped gear from someone who died a day earlier. In the server we used to play on, that stuff was gone in 5 minutes. That is definitely something that tekkit would benefit from.

We do use the remove command - unfortunately the pipes bug seems to happen worst when there is no player on with a quarry (actually 6 full size ones) running at the same time. I am not sure if it can be scheduled because it is a location based command. I have run it from the console from mcmyadmin with no success. You seem to need to be a physical player located somewhere in order to get it to work.

Depending on the frequency of connection, entities can pile up to the point where it is no longer possible to log in. I have then had to use mcedit to clean it up. Right now I am failing to find something that handles auto cleanup. I have installed nolagg but I'm not convinced that even that will fix the problem as at best it will probably reduce the entity drops by a factor of 64.

Thanks for your suggestions, though.

SOrry I couldn't help further. On your point about the nether stuff though....that's simply because no-one loaded the chunks. Stuff doesn't stay infinitely or for days, the 5-minute despawn is only active when that chunk is loaded. It's likely that no-one entered the nether after that dude died until you entered it.

I think i know what is happening. I read this along time ago and this might not be crediable. But items dispear in 5 minites or so. Unless you leave the chunk. When you leave the chunk the items are saved into the chunk and permanatly saved (Once again could be wrong)

Yep that sounds like exactly what is happening.