tekkit 2.0 release?

"Don't ask for an ETA or 'WHEN WILL IT BE OUT' as these are no-content posts that add nothing"

why cant we ask for an estimate. you have many player of tekkit and i am sure many would like to know when it would be ready. a simple estimate or just saying you have no clue would work. your just leaving all of us hanging.

"Don't ask for an ETA or 'WHEN WILL IT BE OUT' as these are no-content posts that add nothing"

why cant we ask for an estimate. you have many player of tekkit and i am sure many would like to know when it would be ready. a simple estimate or just saying you have no clue would work. your just leaving all of us hanging.

Because it's obnoxious, contributes nothing, and ultimately, because they say so.

Also, because the answer is always the same: When it's ready.

ok i will try a roll back. thank you fro being civilized and telling me you just dont know when it will be ready.

Currently I'm Running;

Ubuntu Server 11.10 x64 (VM)

McMyAdmin (Free)

Craftbukkit 1.0.1 (RB 1597)

Tekkit 1.1.4 (Tekkit.jar renamed to craftbukkit.jar)

and obviously Tekkit Client installed on minecraft client

And it works a dream, except my real pc has only 2gb and so its sluggish when i join the server from the client

I waited with baited breath for hours after the announcement there were block ID bugs.... nothing came. So sure I would have loved to know something like "it is a 20 man-hour fix and I've got a lot on, so don't expect it soon".

But it's a closed development team, guess the best way to think of it is, 2.0 will never come out, but you might be surprised sometime!

• Forum Administrators

i see nothing obnoxious about it. there is plenty to add. a lot of people are excited for the 2.0 release and would love to know when its out

Its obnoxious because all that question says is "I am impatient and haven't thought it through at all."

If we were to say "Tekkit 2.0 will be released on _____!", then that day comes and it doesn't get released, guess what happens? A shitstorm.

Tekkit 2.0 will be released when it is done. We have no reason to not release it otherwise, so if Tekkit 2.0 isn't out that means it isn't done. We don't entertain the idea of promising it will come out because if it DIDN'T come out on that day we'd look like Notch with his Holloween updates.