Railcraft-compatible Turret cart

DoodTheDud

Not sure if it would be possible, but I wonder if you could integrate some sort of turret cart, where "mounting" it gave you access to a cannon similar to the one from Balkon's weapon mod, and having a GUI to pre-load ammunition and other possible things needed to fire shots.

Perhaps even have varying ammunition, like cannon balls, eggs, snowballs, arrows, fireballs, etc.

How awesome would it be to do a drive-by egging of someone's house with a cannon? Or to have a moving mounted turret that shot snowballs at blazes in the nether?

I'm not great at programming and as of now, have little idea of what can be done in a mod, so I'm sorry if this seems unrealistic.

Steve' carts

Only shoots arrows (I think), but something like that?

Similar, the GUI is nice, but that one is automated. I'd prefer ones where you can get a player, or multiple players, shooting turrets that they aim themselves.

• 4 weeks later...

I remember seeing a turret mod for the technic pack which was compatible with technic last time I tried it.

Its not a rail turret but it comes with bout 5 or something different turrets ranging in strength and even including a controlled turret which you can fire.

I think its call Sanandreas turret mod or something. Maybe a simple google search may suffice.

There is also a cannon in balkons weapon mod that you can control and it shoots TNT. Unfortunately it was removed but you can try adding the mod to technic.