Error: unable to access jarfile tekkit.jar

zorkjesse

Question

Launcher/pack Version: 2.1.1

Operating System: Windows 7

Version of Java: 7 update 3

Description of Problem: i open the launch.bat and it brings up the C:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe

C:\Windows\system32>java -Xmx1G -Xmx512M -jar Tekkit.jar nogui

Error:unable to access jarfile Tekkit.jar

C:\Windows\System32>pause

Press any key to continue . . .

and then when i push a key it closes the launch.bat leaving me at step one...

11 answers to this question

place that .bat file inside of the tekkit folder

make a link to it if you want to launch tekkit from your desktop or whatever

and btw, do you have java installed? your comp may not be finding it ( if you do have it installed and the .bat file is inside of the tekkit folder )

If you want your server files to be somewhere besides your .techniclauncher\tekkit folder (handy if you're running more than one server or just want to keep them separate), add Java to the system path. It's not an extremely complicated process.

funny thing i am having the same problem but it seems like i don't have the .jar file only the one from real mc (not this mod) if i could get a hint to where i could find it it might help a ton thanks

i tryed with that too but it did not work either... try to understand it would suit you... anyways i got a new problem... you might find the errors but i can't because i am a idiot at english and making servers ok??

i tryed with that too but it did not work either... try to understand it would suit you... anyways i got a new problem... you might find the errors but i can't because i am a idiot at english and making servers ok??

Incoherent post is incoherent. What did you try? I gave you a link to the page with all the downloads on the left-hand side. You'll need to give more detail if you expect any kind of help.

I did as you suggested and moved the .bat into the tekkit folder as well as the tekkit.jar just in case that what you ment... both have failed to change the end result.

Add the Java 7 bin directory to your Path system variable. Link

I'm pretty sure your batch file is messed up, though, if it's still trying to run the server from C:\Windows\System32 - you don't really want it to do that anyway, as that's where it will put all your server files.

I watched a video on it and it just gave me a message saying that the java wasn't playing nice with the CMD anymore...

if you want i can get you a exact message of what changing the path got me.

Might help, mate.

BTW, you did set a new path for Java 7 and remove the old Java 6 path (if applicable), right?

If the *.bat file is giving you a bunch of problems you should be able to make a new one (it's not hard and many tutorials exist for how to do it; some even on this forum).