Tracking down the cause of a bug.

ShinShineSpark

(Not posting in the bug forums because this isn't Technic related.)

Everything was working perfectly yesterday for a good 10 hours [binging on MC on your day off from work, bad habits meh], then I noticed a serious graphical glitch (on inventory screen my character view was completely bugged out like a mixed up texture pack). Minecraft then proceeded to crash in a way I've not experienced before.

http://pastebin.com/FCizff1U

Now MC loads properly, however after a while it bugs out and my hand vanishes...

(current game)

(bug carries over to new worlds)

Far as I can tell, none of my mods are causing this glitch to occur (and they ran just fine for 10 hours yesterday). And I've crashed out of MC 3 more times like above error message.

Also, can someone link me to that error logging tool I've seen mentioned before. It would be appreciated.

All i did before the 10 hour binge was update thaumcraft from v2.1.3b to v2.1.4 (current) and install OptiFine HD A7 Multi-Core + AA. Before that I was playing with everything else just fine for over a week.

Well, Optifine seems to have been the culprit. Re-installed my base mods with exception of optifine and everything is working again.

Optifine seems to be rather hit and miss these days. Though why it played nice for a whole day then went fubar is beyond me.

Optifine seems to be rather hit and miss these days. Though why it played nice for a whole day then went fubar is beyond me.

The OptiFine creator says in the MCForums thread that the AA and MT versions are in development and can't be expected to always do what you want them to. Try some of the stuff he recommends, or get the Standard version.