Advanced machines problem / question

Sorry if this is possible stupid question, but - Is there a problem with advanced machines or am I doing this wrong? I had a rotary macerator, induction furnace, centrifuge extractor and singularity compressor attached to an MFSU with an MV transformer, getting power from an MV solar array. It seemed like everything was drawing power but not actually recognizing that it was. I waited to connect everything until the MFSU was full, connected it all and the MFSU started draining, but only the induction furnace seemed to be powered. I figured I needed the MV transformer to prevent it exploding, but was I wrong? Didn't seem as easy to find the maximum input as the default IC2 machines. Seems like they still should be getting some power instead of draining it all without actually functioning, heh. Have also reported it as a possible glitch to the server I'm playing on, but I'm wondering if it's something on my side.

Possibly related, how exactly does the "apply redstone to keep heat / PSI / RPM etc." work? Does that cause them to continue to draw power while not in use, and what kind of rate? I had a line of red alloy wire connected to a lever behind the machines, seems like it's possible that could cause the problem.. except it was turned off and still draining.

Go to the IC2 forum and read the post from the author of advanced machines. All the information you're looking for is in there.

I never mess with them and red alloy wire, I just drop a level on the machine itself.

As for it draining with power off, could they have been receiving a redstone signal from another source?

Awesome, thanks, I will check that out.

..Hmm, it looks like it's got "Cut down base max Energy Input to 32 EU/t, from 128" - but that seems like either I was right using the MV transformer or my machines should have exploded by now, depending which version this is, hahah. So probably that's not the problem.

Only other redstone I've got nearby was a computercraft password protected door, and even if that was sending out any signal other than the seconds it's set to open the door, it's on a different wall. I'll try it out with the wire removed entirely.

..Yeah, this is strange. Tried it again without any redstone anywhere nearby - the macerator alone took approx. 1.4 million EU from the MFSU and still nothing. No red arrow, no nothing. Got to ask the server owner about it, maybe.