Cannot play on server, possibly corrupt world file

Chad_Holburn2

Question

Launcher/pack Version:0.5.4.9

Operating System: Windows XP 32 bit

Version of Java: latest (7)

Description of Problem:

Well thanks a bunch guys, for the warning of perhaps, 'Sorry mate, i'm locking this post, you have not used the proper format for bug reporting, here is a link to the correct format : www.example.com. please repost with the correct format'

really that took me less effort than extremely impolitely BANNING my IP address without warning for 3 days.

well if you aren't all rude, perhaps you can help me with my problem.

Had a tekkit server running now for about 2 months,

i went to back the server up, and then when i restarted the server, we loaded in and there was just nothing there, it wouldnt load any blocks, and we were just left to fall into nothingness, shortly after this, you get kicked from the server from 'Internal exception: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out'

im guessing that means something along the lines of it cannot read the world file because its corrupt.

i have tried running the world file in singleplayer tekkit, it loads for a second, but does not load any blocks, it then white screen of deaths me.

i have tried putting the world file into another server and it does the same thing.

i have noticed an error in the log link below..

That happens when somebody tries to join, so i'm guessing the problem here is chickens or enderchests?

Error:

http://pastie.org/3880526

if you have actually had the courtesy to read this, and have not yet banned me again, i very much appreciate it, so thank you,

Chad

5 answers to this question

The warning was the board rules that you didn't read. Thanks for letting us know that you're the ban-evading type though. Enjoy being perma-bent.

Did he seriously just append his username with '2'? What the hell kind of effluvia are we getting that does that?

Did he seriously just append his username with '2'? What the hell kind of effluvia are we getting that does that?

In addition to the regular chaff from MCforums, there appears to be some kind of sub-reddit linking here now.

In all seriousness, if anyone else sees this error: this is a world-corruption issue, much like any error that says, "file not in GZIP format." If you don't have a world backup or can't get Win7 to restore at least the corrupt part (it's pretty much up to you to figure out what that is), you're hosed.