LAUNCHER NOT WORKING

Armonté

Question

Launcher / Pack Version:	Latest

Operating System:	 Windows 7 Ultimate

Version of Java:	 6u32(x64/x86) + 7u4(x64/x86)

Description of Problem: 	I have tried countless times to start up this launcher, it will randomly succeed in doing so and then won't open again.

Antivirus program:	CommonSense 2014 Beta

Error Messages: N/A

Pastebin:[url]http://pastebin.com/sYS6vEBx[/url]

The EXE decides to not load either, so I am forced to use the jar. I don't know of my download speeds would be the source of this problem, seeing as they're very low. I've tried uninstalling Java 6 and only using Java 7, I've tried only using Java 7 32-bit and then proceeded to try only Java 7 64-bit, since neither of those worked I tried only using singular Java 6 32-bit and then 64-bit by itself, I've tried both Java 6 32-bit & Java 6 64-bit, and the same with Java 7. I have only gotten the jar to open once or twice, but after I do so when I try to open it again it will not load. Is it trying to download something? My speeds are absolutely horrendous so I downloaded everything for the launcher at school including all of the modpacks, and transferred them to my computer, so I hope that's not the problem.

tl;dr I don't know what the fuck is going on.

7 answers to this question

Your bug report isn't horrible, so that's good. What's your OS? I have the feeling Java doesn't like having two different versions of two different versions installed all at once. I suggest getting only the ones that match your OS.

Also, yes, wireless can mess with downloads, and so can strange AV's.

Your bug report isn't horrible, so that's good. What's your OS? I have the feeling Java doesn't like having two different versions of two different versions installed all at once. I suggest getting only the ones that match your OS.

Also, yes, wireless can mess with downloads, and so can strange AV's.

Thanks. My OS is Windows 7 Ultimate (x64 as I forgot to mention above), when you say two different versions are you talking about the split x32 and x64 or the 6 and 7 versions? People recommend Java 6 but the website says to use Java 7u3, so I'm all turned around. I have a hunch that a simply offline mode would fix this, instead of having it trying to grab files as soon as it's launched, which aren't even seen unless you look through the logs.

Yes, it is trying to download something and it fails. Are you using wireless?

It is safer to download with java 6 btw.

I'm currently using the internet only because I can tether my phone to my computer, and since I don't have 4G yet, my 3G speeds are absolutely awful. Is there a way I could block the program entirely so that it would just timeout on the downloads and skip them, like an offline version?

I'm currently using the internet only because I can tether my phone to my computer, and since I don't have 4G yet, my 3G speeds are absolutely awful. Is there a way I could block the program entirely so that it would just timeout on the downloads and skip them, like an offline version?

I don't think that's possible unfortunately.