Installing other Mods Queries

Marik900

Question

Alright so I've been playing with the technic pack for a short time and I've seen a few videos on how to do this but I'd rather be clear than screw something up while trying because I did one thing wrong so here goes. I want to install iChun's Portal gun mod and have been told to just drop it into the modpack file, or the minecraft file, so I'd like that clarifying. As a second question if I do have to install it into the minecraft jar do I have to install the redundant mods also like forgeAPI and Risugami's? I used to use minecrafter so I've yet to really learn how to manually install mods. Thanks for the help.

3 answers to this question

Alright so I've been playing with the technic pack for a short time and I've seen a few videos on how to do this but I'd rather be clear than screw something up while trying because I did one thing wrong so here goes. I want to install iChun's Portal gun mod and have been told to just drop it into the modpack file, or the minecraft file, so I'd like that clarifying. As a second question if I do have to install it into the minecraft jar do I have to install the redundant mods also like forgeAPI and Risugami's? I used to use minecrafter so I've yet to really learn how to manually install mods. Thanks for the help.

Never install mods into the minecraft.jar when using the technic pack. The minecraft.jar, and the modpack.jar merge on launch, so installing anything into the minecraft.jar will just fuck stuff up.

TL;DR Install any base class editing mods into the modpack.jar.

Last but not least, back your shit up! Im totally not responsible for your stuff breaking.

Casper is right, if you want to add mods to technic, whenever the mod installation instructions say "put in minecraft.jar", put it in the modpack.jar instead, using 7zip... For anything else, follow the instructions like with vanilla MC. And yes, definitely make a backup of the entire technicssp folder when you add anything to a working setup...

I installed ComputerCraft, IC2 Advanced Machines, Optifine and Better Enchanting on top of technic 7.0.1 and it works fine so far... Haven't tried for Portal Gun, as it is a bit OP in my opinion, but I think I have read a post of someone who got it in, but that was probably for technic 6, as it is a while ago, try the search function or simply google technic + portal gun...

I don't think you have to install anything else, if the required auxiliary mods aren't already in technic, it probably won't work anyways...

Not 100% sure about that though, I'm not very experienced in installing mods neither...