WebAuctionPlus is adding Tekkit support, but we need your help.

WebAuctionPlus is a web-based shop plugin for Bukkit that allows players to buy and sell items in an auction house or consignment format commonly found in MMOGs. With the web-based interface, players are able to trade together without having to be on the server at the same time, and sellers can check how their items are selling without having to log on the server. WebAuctionPlus also calculates a market value for each item based on a moving average of transactions for that item, so players can compare an item's price to past sale prices and see if they're getting a good deal.

The author of WebAuctionPlus is adding Tekkit and custom item support for the plugin, but he needs help compiling lists of the names and images for each of the items in Tekkit. We're hard at work making item lists for each mod in Tekkit, but we need more volunteers to help with this project. If you're interested in volunteering, we are organizing our efforts on EsperNet's #webauctionplus channel, and you can join us there.

I personally think this plugin would be a huge benefit to the Tekkit community, so I'm spreading the word about it on behalf of the plugin author. If you'd like to learn more about the plugin, you can visit its BukkitDev page at http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/webauctionplus/.

yeah, I just noticed the first conflict. item id 123 for redstone lamps is used for a bunch of machines by one of the mods. but that's ok for now. it wasn't intentional, but my plugin already overrides that id with the custom items if that item pack is enabled in the plugins config. so it will work perfectly fine on normal bukkit servers that have redstone lamps, and will also work perfect on tekkit servers when that feature is enabled.

I think we have some time to get these item lists done. then the hardest part will be out of the way. it will be easy enough to go over the list and update it later when the new version comes out. this initial list we need to put together is a daunting task for 1 or 2 people. if we have a few people helping out, it'll be done in no time. I'm about to hit the sheets, so tomorrow I'll post a little more info on what we need done. basically standard 32x32 png icons like what are on wiki's, and a list of the items title name, the image file name, and damage values. it can then be formatted into a php array and dropped in place.

We currently have people working on the item lists for IndustrialCraft 2 and Balkon's Weapon Mod. We need people who can create images for each item or who can work on item lists for other mods in Tekkit.

We currently have people working on the item lists for IndustrialCraft 2 and Balkon's Weapon Mod. We need people who can create images for each item or who can work on item lists for other mods in Tekkit.

Could you not just rip the sprites?

Or do you require a higher resolution?

We require 32x32 images, with blocks in an isometric view like in-game.

I might be able to help you here. I've already made a mod to do exactly this programmatically, I'm just not entirely sure if it will work the same with Tekkit.

I will work on getting the mod working for vanilla 1.2.5 again, and then once Tekkit comes out for 1.2.5 I will make the mod work for Tekkit. I'm not going to guarantee anything though.

If it works I will be able to provide the name of every item, id, metadata (damage), and an isometric image (rendered the same way as in a player's inventory).

That would be quite helpful, but in the meantime we still need help getting Tekkit 2.1.1 support added. It's a lot of work for three people, and even one more person working on item lists would be a huge help.

That would be quite helpful, but in the meantime we still need help getting Tekkit 2.1.1 support added. It's a lot of work for three people, and even one more person working on item lists would be a huge help.

I'm working on a mod to get item images now.

For now I have it setup like this, the mod will read a file called "map.txt", which will be a CSV file in the format of:

"id,metadatalow,metadatahigh,name"

id = ID of an item/block

metadatalow = if this item/block has damage values, the minum is here (usually 0)

metadatahigh = same as metalow, but this is the max damage value

name = If this is provided, the mod will use this name for the item/block, if it's not provided the mod will attempt to get the item name itself.

The mod will then take an image of all the items/blocks specified in map.txt, and output all the images + a file ("result.txt", CSV) that will hold the ID, metadata, and name of each item/block.

The point of results.txt is so you can easily import a list of blocks/items and their respective names into a database (ex MYSQL).

For now I have it setup like this, the mod will read a file called "map.txt", which will be a CSV file in the format of:

"id,metadatalow,metadatahigh,name"

yeah, that's probably enough info. only other thing I can think of is the max stack size. is it possible to tell what mod each item is from, or group them or some other way?

it's possible I could put together a quick script to convert your csv file into this php file. that'd probably take most of the work out of it.

Granted i'm not some big programmer or anything, but I would think using something along the line of:

$array = split("\n", file_get_contents("\path to mod config file"));

would work in that it will read the users configuration on however they have it, then just parse the array to read in the item / block ids from that array into the configuration. Or course since the configs are not really uniform in how they are laid out, it could be an issue, but maybe its an idea to look into so that you wouldn't need to update the php for new releases.

where would I find these config files you speak of? I find one here or there, like a few id's for additional pipes, but no complete lists. I don't think it's something that could be auto updated for the end user. to many inconsistencies, and the item info is needed for the website which is often on a separate server. if the info is in tekkit someplace, I could have it enable the additional items automatically, and it would probably help us put this info together for it.

where would I find these config files you speak of?

For Tekkit the config files would be in the %appdata%\.techniclauncher\tekkit\config but you also have Redpower, EE, Buildcraft and wireless redstone in the \.techniclauncher\tekkit dir and not config. This is why I had said it *COULD* be an issue, but I believe the config files are universal locations whether it be server or client, and they are named the same. So I was thinking it could be possible to just require the user to mod say a config.ini for the web-auction to point to configuration files so its less user interaction :D

Another idea I just had while typing this is how about dumping an ID list right from NEI of all used and unused IDs, this could work as a general full list of whats installed. Format looks like this:

Block. Name: tile.stone. ID: 1

Block. Name: tile.grass. ID: 2

Block. Name: tile.dirt. ID: 3

Block. Name: tile.stonebrick. ID: 4

The following item lists are now complete:

• Additional Pipes
  • Advanced Machines
  • Balkon's Weapon Mod
  • Buildcraft
  • Charging Bench
  • Crafting Table 2
  • Compact Solars
  • ComputerCraft
  • Ender Chest
  • IndustrialCraft 2
  • Nether Ores
  • Power Converters
  • Wireless Redstone

If you want to help us get Tekkit 2.1.1 support ready, it's not too late to join us at EsperNet's #webauctionplus.

For Tekkit the config files would be in the %appdata%\.techniclauncher\tekkit\config but you also have Redpower, EE, Buildcraft and wireless redstone in the \.techniclauncher\tekkit dir and not config. This is why I had said it *COULD* be an issue, but I believe the config files are universal locations whether it be server or client, and they are named the same. So I was thinking it could be possible to just require the user to mod say a config.ini for the web-auction to point to configuration files so its less user interaction :D

Another idea I just had while typing this is how about dumping an ID list right from NEI of all used and unused IDs, this could work as a general full list of whats installed. Format looks like this:

thanks, I'll check that out. stupid me was only looking on the server for item info. lol

yeah, that's probably enough info. only other thing I can think of is the max stack size. is it possible to tell what mod each item is from, or group them or some other way?

This mod works directly on top of Minecraft, so I can definitely get that information.

I'm doing more work on it today, I have a long weekend this week.

OK everyone, now that Tekkit 3 is out, we need a complete list of what changed with each mod's item IDs and data/damage values. We need the following changes from Tekkit 2.1.1 documented:

• The names of any mods that were added, removed, or replaced
  • The names of any mods that had their item IDs or data/damage values changed, with the items and blocks that were changed
  • The names of any mods that added new blocks or items, with the items and blocks that were added
  • The names of any mods that removed blocks or items, with the items and blocks that were removed
  • For each newly added block or item:

• Whether it is a tool or not, and if so, what its "0% damaged" and "100% damaged, broken" damage values are
    • Whether it holds IC2 energy while in inventory or not, and if so, what its "0% charged" and "100% charged" damage values are (Note: MSFUs don't count because their stored energy disappears when they are in inventory.)
    • Whether it has different versions that have different data/damage values or not, and if so, what each data/damage value corresponds to (ex. wool and IC2 construction foam)

Also, if anyone has information on how to more accurately check and set an item's IC2 charge level than by using damage values, please let us know. Thanks in advance.