Tekkit only given 250mb, Launcher states 1.5gb, Not running on 64Bit Java

Patwan112

Question

Launcher/pack Version: Version 1.0.1.3

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit

Version of Java: Java 7 U4 64Bit and 32 Bit

Description of Problem: Firstly, Technic Launcher only allows me to reserve up to 1536 MB for Tekkit. Secondly, when ingame, Tekkit says it has only been reserved 249MB. Finally I've noticed through Task Manager that Technic Launcher and my Tekkit are both running on 32 Bit Java. These problems did not happen a few weeks ago, and only happened recently. Furthermore, my Tekkit server which I host locally has no problems, being able to run on 64Bit Java smoothly, with a few lag chunks as an exception. I have tested attempting to fix this problem by setting technic-launcher.jar to launch via 64Bit Java7 but nothing happens when doing so.

Computer Specs: Asus N61JQ i7 1.6-2.8GHZ 1st Gen Processor, 8GB RAM, ATI Mobility HD5730 HDD 640GB

Error Messages: No Crashes or errors shown, but log is pasted below nonetheless.

Link to pastebin of log: http://pastebin.com/V9LkwL3d

Any help will be greatly appreciated and if you do have a solution, feel free to email me on [email protected]

Patwan112

@Moderators: hopefully I posted this right, don't wanna be probated!

16 answers to this question

My friend had the same problem, actually. What's probably happening is that your "Path" variable is set to to 32 bit Java, and not 64 bit. Here's how to fix it:

1) Open Start Menu

2) Right-Click on Computer and select "properties"

3) Open up Advanced System Settings

4) Click on "Environment Variables..."

5) Under System Variables, scroll down until you find "PATH". Select this and click "Edit..."

6) Copy all of the text that comes up in the box labeled "Variable value" into a text editor

7) Find where it points to Java and change it to "C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin" (Original should be "C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\bin"

8) Click OK on all of the windows.

Official Javadocs on this

Hi, thanks done that before, when I only have 32bit java, it wont launch, when I choose the technic-launcher.jar to launch via 64bit java, it pops up a cmd window then disappears then nothing happens =\

EDIT: "Hi, thanks done that before, when I only have 64BIT java..."

I'm asking whether I can force tekkit to run on 64bit java, currently its only running on 32bit java. the second problem is even when I set it to run on 1.5gb, it only runs tekkit on 250mb...

Why do you keep a 32 bit installation of Java installed? If you replace it with a 64 bit installation java and path it right, your stuff will launch with 64 bit java.

I'm asking whether I can force tekkit to run on 64bit java, currently its only running on 32bit java. the second problem is even when I set it to run on 1.5gb, it only runs tekkit on 250mb...

you only have a 32bit operating system. You can't use 64 bit java.

+

because tekkit won't launch without 32bit java installed =\

It will if you path the 64 bit java installation. Mine runs on Java 7 and I don't have Java 7 32 bit installed.

I have the same OS as indicated above as well. Remove all the java and reinstall Java 7 64 bit. If it doesn't run, check the path in environmental variable and then report back.

The solution already posted by bleachisback right here

-snip -

should work

If for some reason its not and you don't want to try to figure out why you could always download the Jar file instead of the exe then open up command promp in windows. Go to the location of the jar file (for example if its on your desktop type "cd desktop"), then run the command "java -d64 -jar technic-launcher-latest.jar"

If that works then you can always set up a .bat to launch it instead of constantly going into the command prompt to do it.

Launcher/pack Version: Version 1.0.1.3

Version of Java: Java 7 U4 64Bit and 32 Bit

Description of Problem: Firstly, Technic Launcher only allows me to reserve up to 1536 MB for Tekkit. Secondly, when ingame, Tekkit says it has only been reserved 249MB. Finally I've noticed through Task Manager that Technic Launcher and my Tekkit are both running on 32 Bit Java. These problems did not happen a few weeks ago, and only happened recently. Furthermore, my Tekkit server which I host locally has no problems, being able to run on 64Bit Java smoothly, with a few lag chunks as an exception. I have tested attempting to fix this problem by setting technic-launcher.jar to launch via 64Bit Java7 but nothing happens when doing so.

Computer Specs: Asus N61JQ i7 1.6-2.8GHZ 1st Gen Processor, 8GB RAM, ATI Mobility HD5730 HDD 640GB

Error Messages: No Crashes or errors shown, but log is pasted below nonetheless.

Link to pastebin of log: http://pastebin.com/V9LkwL3d

Any help will be greatly appreciated and if you do have a solution, feel free to email me on [email protected]

Patwan112

@Moderators: hopefully I posted this right, don't wanna be probated!

hi there hope this helps scroll my post.

http://forums.technicpack.net/threads/tekkit-client-memory.3147/#post-26037

if this link doent work type in technic search bar;

32bit OS, Tekkit, 250mb memory issue

FIXED-NO DOWNLOADS OR PATCHING REQUIRED!